Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Desperately need advice....
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 12:00 am
miami85 wrote:
So yea the NIH doesn't like the diet--but remember this is the same NIH that has told you to wear a mask and get 2 vaccines and 3 boosters--so without getting political, if you understand the diet, you realize that they seem to care more about people feeding the medical system than actually getting healthy.

I had a friend a few years back who was peddling Optavia to me and I was very close to trying it--but the cost was a big factor, and I remember her telling me "it's much easier to exercise and stay motivated when you aren't carrying around 60 extra lbs"--or whatever it is and that really spoke to me.

The think about TrimYou is that it's not a "forever diet"--you lose the weight, you stabilize and then you work in foods in moderation. I know my husband "doesn't like the diet"--because he doesn't like the way he feels on it--so I steered him towards Keto, and he's been doing it--for over a year, and every time he takes a break--we had a baby so we were getting meals, we were getting food for other reasons etc. he gains it all back, because doing keto is a lifestyle and your body doesn't remember what to do with carbs so you just get bloated and retain water. The TrimYou diet doesn't keep you away from carbs forever, and you are supposed to systematically add them back in so you learn if it is a true trigger for you.

Dr. Simeons protocol specifically states that the risks associated from TrimYou are no more dangerous than staying obese.

TrimYou is kosher and it is possible to do over shabbos without sabotaging yourself like keto does. It requires some self-discipline, but even if you cheat, ok so you don't lose your lb that day, just get back on the bandwagon and keep going. The spray keeps your cravings at bay--I am making my kids all of MY favorite foods and not nibbling on their leftovers. I look at my bowl of food--yea it can be strange at times, but with the seasonings and spices YUM it tastes good, and I'm not starving, and it's only as expensive as you have the time and energy for. You have to make a lot of your own food, but the weight loss phase I can batch make a lot of meals at once and put them in the freezer and pop the main into the oven for 20-30 mins and have my meal. If you live in a big Jewish city it's much easier to access the vegetables that don't have to be washed/checked etc. Phase 3 (maintenance) is weird but very personal so it's hard to advise and it can be challenging, but I find it so much easier figuring out how to stablize day-to-day than what combination to eat for an entire week and then see if the scale moved a milimeter to the left.
My body just gets comfy at whatever weight I'm at otherwise and if I "eat less" then I just get more hungry later. If I exercise, I just eat more afterwards.
Right now if I can get to a point where I am not carrying an extra 60lbs and I can exercise and feel good and have more energy, then I feel like I won't be emotionally eating anymore, or at the very least I can address it having gained a few pounds--not 30.
can you please share a sample menu of what you eat in a day?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 4:22 am
amother OP wrote:
I do 3 times a week yoga, weights, muscle toning, stretching

That's a lot especially the weights. You should be seeing results - maybe you've gained a few pounds if muscle?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 5:27 am
I think you need to change the way you look at it. Don’t try loosing weight it never works you will just gain it back.
Take a look at what healthy eating can do for you. It changes the way you feel your energy level and even your mood/anxiety.

https://bmcmedicine.biomedcent.....791-y
There have been many tests done to prove this.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 5:33 am
I’m going to post an excerpt from the study of what they ate.
I follow this with out the measurements but just do my best to stick to it.
The key for me is to make sure I don’t think about weight loss only about healthy living and what I can do to improve my lifestyle.
It’s amazing how much extra energy I have got. I really hope you can get yourself on to this. The first week is haaaard but once you’re on it you feel so much better the rest just follows.
Good luck.

“The primary focus was on increasing diet quality by supporting the consumption of the following 12 key food groups (recommended servings in brackets): whole grains (5–8 servings per day); vegetables (6 per day); fruit (3 per day), legumes (3–4 per week); low-fat and unsweetened dairy foods (2–3 per day); raw and unsalted nuts (1 per day); fish (at least 2 per week); lean red meats (3–4 per week) [32], chicken (2–3 per week); eggs (up to 6 per week); and olive oil (3 tablespoons per day), whilst reducing intake of ‘extras’ foods, such as sweets, refined cereals, fried food, fast-food, processed meats and sugary drinks (no more than 3 per week). Red or white wine consumption beyond 2 standard drinks per day and all other alcohol (e.g. spirits, beer) were included within the ‘extras’ food group. Individuals were advised to select red wine preferably and only drink with meals. The dietary composition of the ModiMedDiet was as follows: protein 18% of total energy (E); fat 40% of E; carbohydrates 37% of E; alcohol 2% of E; fibre/other 3% of E. The diet was designed to be easy to follow, sustainable, palatable, and satiating. Individuals were advised to consume the diet ad libitum, as the intervention did not have a weight loss focus. The method for scoring the ModiMedDiet is similar to those used in PREDIMED [33] and the Framingham Offspring Cohort [34]. It is a criterion-based diet score that uses pre-defined absolute or normative goals of consumption for specific food items, independent of the individual’s characteristics. It was developed based on the recommended intakes of the 11 food group components that comprise the ModiMedDiet (as above), and of the score has a theoretical maximum value of 120.”

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:42 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Please read this about avoiding carbs. I had a neighbor who got very sick from avoiding carbs.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go.....diet.

The quality of this evidence is a bit comical.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:53 pm
Maintaining digestive health can be a challenge. You need a lot of vegetables for fiber, and the price of vegetables is through the roof.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Dec 09 2022, 12:49 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
If you don't want to gp to the link, it said "Complications such as heart arrhythmias, cardiac contractile function impairment, sudden death, osteoporosis, kidney damage, increased cancer risk, impairment of physical activity and lipid abnormalities can all be linked to long-term restriction of carbohydrates in the diet."

All of these things can be linked to carbohydrate ingestion.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise