Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Personality test/quiz

Have you ever taken an online personality quiz/test? How happy were you with the results?
NO, beshita do not!  
 2%  [ 1 ]
No, never thought to  
 17%  [ 7 ]
Yes, didnt even look at the results  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, was totally inaccurate!  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Yes, got me to a Tee!!  
 20%  [ 8 ]
Personality test? What's that?  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Yes, partially true results  
 47%  [ 19 ]
other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

foreverforward

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:31 pm
Okay guys, this is super random but I'm curious.
First of all, no, I am not one of those who fall for any online personality quizzes/tests.
But I took 16 personalities (https://www.16personalities.com/) a while back for the fun of it.
While I cant say that I answered 100% truthful, part of the results were accurate and the random emails I get are also. Though there are some things that it says I am that would technically fall into the same category as my type but is totally not me.
I'm wondering if anyone who took this can enlighten me. Is this a site where they get a general idea about you and then give you random facts that probably have to do about it??

One more thing...please don't get all fired up that I'm all serious about some ONLINE QUIZ.
This is totally out of curiosity!

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:42 pm
That's the Myers brigg one right? I've done it. Found it accurate. And I've taken it in viewpoint of characters. I'm trying to write to get me to understand them better

Genius

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:47 pm
I've done it. My husband's was super accurate (his title is his actual job). Mine was somewhat accurate.
It's a fun test to take in any case.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 2:18 am
I did that test multiple times since I discovered it.. about 5 years ago?
I've had 3 different personalities so far. LOL

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 7:56 am
WitchKitty wrote:

I took the love languages quiz more than once and that changed as well. I don't think these quizzes need to be set in stone and honestly ppl who take these quizzes and then try to excuse bad behavior bc "that's my personality" are just jerks

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:18 am
I do, not online but the old-fashioned way, in magazines. Everything from What's Your Fashion Profile to How Good a Friend/Lover/Homemaker/Gardener/Citizen/Reader are you?

They're fun to do, and mostly utter nonsense. My true responses are either not among the choices at all, or midway between two existing choices. Most such "tests" divide humanity into four to six categories. The minute you try to cram all of humanity into a small and finite number of pigeonholes, you're wrong from the get-go. Besides, who decides that action A reveals trait A? Those who make up these tests can't exclude their own value judgments, even if it's a team project. Who died and made them king?

foreverforward

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:04 pm
WitchKitty wrote:

Thats what I thought it was like.
If you slightly change a few answers, you get something completely different!
No true psychology/philosophy involved...

foreverforward

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:05 pm
zaq wrote:
I do, not online but the old-fashioned way, in magazines. Everything from What's Your Fashion Profile to How Good a Friend/Lover/Homemaker/Gardener/Citizen/Reader are you?

They're fun to do, and mostly utter nonsense. My true responses are either not among the choices at all, or midway between two existing choices. Most such "tests" divide humanity into four to six categories. The minute you try to cram all of humanity into a small and finite number of pigeonholes, you're wrong from the get-go. Besides, who decides that action A reveals trait A? Those who make up these tests can't exclude their own value judgments, even if it's a team project. Who died and made them king?

And I'm laughing because probably some people are thinking, its gotta be ONLINE to be accurate.😂
ITS NEVER ACCURATE- maybe some more then others but still...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics