Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Gabb phone. Anyone tried this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:03 pm
https://gabbwireless.com/produ.....e-z2/

Sounds too good to be true! Has anyone bought these phones for their kids?
I'm wondering if it's a good choice as a family cell phone mainly used by my 16 year old when he goes out.
I would consider the phone watch for my 12 and 14 year old, not for personal use, just to keep as a family phone.
I'm so sick of the flip phones and their low quality. I wonder if these are better.
Any reviews?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:07 pm
https://gabbwireless.com/produ.....ch-2/

This one's the watch

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:12 pm
The free phone with no contract sounds a little too good to be true... following. (there is a $25 activation fee)
I just signed my kids up with a tracfone for about $12 a month for talk and text with no data, it still has wifi capability but the flip phone is so klutzy that I doubt they'd have the patience to use it. But it really is a pretty klutzy phone. I'm telling my kids not to be spoiled and to just deal with it, my generation was very happy with flip phones for at least 15 years as an improvement over no cellphone, but I'm open to considering this.

I wonder if it can be unlocked to your regular network.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:18 pm
Watch plan is $15, less than the $25 a month phone plan, but you need a 2-year contract to get the device free.
Says it can't be used with other networks.
Seems like a reasonable deal for what it offers.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:18 pm
I imagine it must be super annoying to use a watch as a phone, though.

yy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:50 pm
My daughter had the first Gabb phone when she was 11. She didn’t use it that much. It was a little bulky and didn’t have a camera which she didn’t love. I imagine the newer ones are sleeker. My 9 year old has the watch. I love it. I can reach him when he’s out and he can reach me and all the other contacts that I add.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:11 pm
yy wrote:
My daughter had the first Gabb phone when she was 11. She didn’t use it that much. It was a little bulky and didn’t have a camera which she didn’t love. I imagine the newer ones are sleeker. My 9 year old has the watch. I love it. I can reach him when he’s out and he can reach me and all the other contacts that I add.

Can you tell me more about the watch? Sounds like an interesting option for a 2nd spare. How do they talk on the phone? They need to put their hand by the ear? Works only on speakerphone?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:23 pm
My son has the phone. It looks just like a smart phone. But obviously it’s not. He can call, txt, it has a calendar, calculator, camera (he can not send or receive pics but you can add that onto the plan) you can put music onto the phone. He has some songs saved.
One of the things I love about it is that it also has a tracker, so I can see that he’s made it safely to school, and where he is on his way home..
It’s a good option for us for now. This is his second school year having it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:25 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
My son has the phone. It looks just like a smart phone. But obviously it’s not. He can call, txt, it has a calendar, calculator, camera (he can not send or receive pics but you can add that onto the plan) you can put music onto the phone. He has some songs saved.
One of the things I love about it is that it also has a tracker, so I can see that he’s made it safely to school, and where he is on his way home..
It’s a good option for us for now. This is his second school year having it.

Thank you for sharing. I never heard about this brand till I saw an ad on Instagram.

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:39 pm
I was looking at the gab phone vs troomi- troomi does allow some apps, parents control it. I can't decided which one to get as an extra phone.

mother48

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:48 pm
It's a great option for a 100% kosher phone but the conviences of easy text and photo taking.
There is no internet capablity. Not even watsapp. But it's comfortable to text. Takes nice photos-which can be messaged or downloaded to a computer. Am able to hand a phone to my teens without any worries.

Phone is free but plan in not so cheap. But we found it a great option for children and teens

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:04 am
mother48 wrote:
It's a great option for a 100% kosher phone but the conviences of easy text and photo taking.
There is no internet capablity. Not even watsapp. But it's comfortable to text. Takes nice photos-which can be messaged or downloaded to a computer. Am able to hand a phone to my teens without any worries.

Phone is free but plan in not so cheap. But we found it a great option for children and teens

That's what I feel like, it's a perfect kosher phone without having the stamp kosher on it.
I'm wondering why I haven't heard more about it.
What network does it use? Would it work well in Toms River/ Lakewood? I know that some carriers work better than others in this area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics