Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
I don't want the short sleeve variant :(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:51 pm
If you have a toddler girl, you may notice that often on frum websites there will be nice, long sleeved dresses... Except for toddlers. Apparently, size 2t and 3t often get a short sleeve variant, whereas the other, larger sizes get long sleeves.

This really is annoying to me since yes, while I don't expect my 2 y/o to cover her elbows, I do want her to have long sleeves when the weather calls for it!

Thanks for listening to me vent. Just had two dresses delivered to me today from a frum company and they're both short sleeve (there was nothing in the product details or pics that would have told me otherwise). Not a huge deal but I was hoping to have long sleeved items for cooler weather.

Honestly it's such a strange practice to me that companies would do this. If I want short sleeves, I'd look for dresses that are short sleeve in the first place... not look at long sleeved dresses and hoping that their smaller sizes aren't long sleeved. Siiigh

Anyone have a different take on this? Or commiseration? Smile

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:18 pm
Toddler dress with short sleeves, preschool with elbow length and only bigger girls can have long?
It’s really silly. I also noticed that it’s a frum company that does it.
My little girls also get cold arms!

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 11:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you have a toddler girl, you may notice that often on frum websites there will be nice, long sleeved dresses... Except for toddlers. Apparently, size 2t and 3t often get a short sleeve variant, whereas the other, larger sizes get long sleeves.

This really is annoying to me since yes, while I don't expect my 2 y/o to cover her elbows, I do want her to have long sleeves when the weather calls for it!

Thanks for listening to me vent. Just had two dresses delivered to me today from a frum company and they're both short sleeve (there was nothing in the product details or pics that would have told me otherwise). Not a huge deal but I was hoping to have long sleeved items for cooler weather.

Honestly it's such a strange practice to me that companies would do this. If I want short sleeves, I'd look for dresses that are short sleeve in the first place... not look at long sleeved dresses and hoping that their smaller sizes aren't long sleeved. Siiigh

Anyone have a different take on this? Or commiseration? Smile

Did they just send you wrong items? Is there the same dress with short and long sleeves, and they sent you the wrong one?

bnm

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 4:31 am
Its silly. Winter needs long sleeves. Then your forced to buy the long sleeve top with a skirt or jumper option if you really like it.

bnm

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 4:35 am
They are probably trying to appeal to a wider clientele and might offer you extra fabric to lengthen the sleeves but then its work. My sister in law had the same complaint and I used to help her with online shopping, she does sew so she would extend sleeves.

cupcake123

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 4:37 am
As far as I know the company's only do that in the summer line. For winter everything's long sleeves

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 8:59 am
imaima wrote:
Did they just send you wrong items? Is there the same dress with short and long sleeves, and they sent you the wrong one?

I ordered 4 dresses, 2 of each kind-- two for my 2 y/o (2t) and two for my 4 y/o (4t). Two different dresses came short sleeved for the 2t and two came long sleeved for the 4t

I'm reaching out to the company to see if it was a mistake. I don't see a short sleeved version anywhere on the site

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:00 am
cupcake123 wrote:
As far as I know the company's only do that in the summer line. For winter everything's long sleeves

Interesting. Maybe I ordered two dresses for "summer"

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:01 am
bnm wrote:
They are probably trying to appeal to a wider clientele and might offer you extra fabric to lengthen the sleeves but then its work. My sister in law had the same complaint and I used to help her with online shopping, she does sew so she would extend sleeves.

Yea I can sew but it's "another" thing to do... Sigh

Glad I'm not the only one with this complaint

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:20 am
You can find cute stuff with long sleeves on Amazon

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:29 am
They must be summer items.

essie14

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 8:47 am
I've never shopped on frum websites or at frum stores. just shop wherever they sell what you want.
My DD was always in long sleeves when the weather warranted it.

ETA: Amazon has tons. Just search for toddler long sleeve dress.
Shein has as well.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 1:12 pm
What brand dresses? Winter dresses are always long sleeves.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 3:30 pm
Like other posters said. The summer dresses are short sleeve for the smaller sizes. The winter are always long sleeves no matter the size.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 4:23 pm
essie14 wrote:
I've never shopped on frum websites or at frum stores. just shop wherever they sell what you want.
My DD was always in long sleeves when the weather warranted it.

ETA: Amazon has tons. Just search for toddler long sleeve dress.
Shein has as well.

Yeah I realize that I can shop on Amazon (although I notice they're not usually long enough). I just didn't realize that the 2ts would come short sleeved bc it's just weird that I was expected to know it would come short sleeved. Why wouldn't the website state that it would be short sleeved in those sizes? It's just strange

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 4:24 pm
SuperWify wrote:
What brand dresses? Winter dresses are always long sleeves.

Martino I think

amother
Leaf

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 4:28 pm
You’re obviously shopping summer items. Are they in the sale section? No frum company makes short sleeves in the winter

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
You’re obviously shopping summer items. Are they in the sale section? No frum company makes short sleeves in the winter

How am I supposed to differentiate summer vs winter items?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:09 pm
amother Leaf wrote:

Regardless, if it's a long sleeved dress in the picture and description, how am I supposed to know the 2t will be short sleeved? Lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics