Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Frosting for cupcake decorating

ez-pass

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 6:24 am
I am making my daughter a birthday party next week and I am planning on making cupcakes for them to decorate. Which are the best frostings and easiest to use for a bunch of little children? Does anyone have a list of nice stuff I can get so they come out very nice in the kids have fun.

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:01 am
I use buttercream frosting recipe from the wilton website. I use crisco instead of the butter to make it parve.

That's for piping designs but if you just want something to stick candies onto, I'd buy the cheap cans, I forget which brand is parve - maybe Betty crocker?

number

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:22 am
Try pillsbury funfetti.

bbhem5

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:35 pm
Colored sugar, sprinkles, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, sour sticks, chocolate lentils, winkies, any other small candy...
I find with little kids they just try to stuff as much as possible onto the cupcakes. They don't really come out pretty but the kids are happy;)
Once they're about 8 or so (depending on the child) they have fun really being artistic (faces, flowers...) so they enjoy the variety of candy to 'create' with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins