Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dental insurance,which one

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:28 am
Two of my kids one under 18 the other 20 need major work done. Root canals and implant.
I am in Monsey and have Fidelis and no dentist takes it that does this work.
Someone suggested I take out dental insurance.
Does anyone have and how much is it and what does it cover.
Thank you

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:31 am
Are you searching correctly? Root canals are so common I can’t believe there are no providers that do this. Root canals are done by endodontist not general dentist

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:44 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Are you searching correctly? Root canals are so common I can’t believe there are no providers that do this. Root canals are done by endodontist not general dentist

Yes been searching for someone and coming up with nothing.
If anyone has any recommendations that takes Fidelis I would be happy to listen.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:46 am
(347) 240-4368 This heimisha couple sells bluecross blueshield dental insurance. You can have other insurances and it wont interfere.

It costs approx 90/month minimum contract 2 years.

Covers 60% of implant and 90% of root canal

I heard people are very happy with Dr Mertz $1500 Implants in new city.

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:47 am
The most efficient way to find a provider who takes Fidelis would be to contact Fidelis and ask them for providers.

Fidelis is New York State Medicaid. Getting approved for a root canal and/or implant is difficult.

Private dental insurance would not be a viable option since many of the plans exclude root canals and implants and those that do have a one year waiting period before coverage. Private insurance is not going to provide an expensive service for someone who signs up in order to get insurance to pay for an expensive service as that wouldn't make economic sense for them.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:03 am
I don't think insurance will pay for root canals but the best advice would give you is to use dental save. ( I got the plan from another thread here a while ago whom she posted she used it for root canals for a provider in monsey with 25% off) basically you pay 99 dollars a year per person or 200 dollars for family and automatically the providers who accept it give 25-50 percent off all costs.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:11 am
I tried searching for that thread but wasn;t able to find it but I was able to find this for you OP.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=40
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries