Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Looking for info on camp Bnos

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:29 am
My daughter has a few friends going and I’m wondering what the crowd, dress code and Any other info you can share.

Thanks Very Happy

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:36 am
It's a camp for Bais Yaakov girls, fun, not too sporty, food and accommodations are very good, organized, runs well (they make sure the younger ones sleep), good infirmary staff.
Girls wear t-shirts and maxi denim skirts, they bring a number of changes of shabbos clothes and just have a great time!
What information would you like?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:14 pm
Are they very into designer , is it more modern mainstream etc …

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:47 pm
It has a mix some girls are more simple, some might care a bit more about designer. But the overall crowd is not into designer. It’s a real BY crowd. I find it to be middle of the road, solid frum, nice girls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:58 am
Can anyone else chime in with more info please?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:37 am
I've heard their very strict with rules, other camps might be more layed back.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:17 am
Just as an FYI, if you haven't applied as of yet, there's a good chance you won't get in. New campers are supposed to Register the day registration opens...which was last week...

pgk

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:13 am
I’ve been sending for years and have noticed a marked shift to the right. Whereas it used to be standard like many of my daughters middle of the road Flatbush friends now it is only the more right wing. Many many Lakewood girls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:54 am
pgk wrote:
I’ve been sending for years and have noticed a marked shift to the right. Whereas it used to be standard like many of my daughters middle of the road Flatbush friends now it is only the more right wing. Many many Lakewood girls.

Thanks. So would you say more chassidish / yeshivish?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:02 am
It’s not remotely chassidish. Many girls from far Rockaway, queens, Brooklyn, Passaic etc.. the Lakewood girls are not the super yeshivish girls. It’s still middle of the road, maybe it has less kids who were more left leaning, so from that point of view seems more right wing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:10 am
Ty maroon!

What way are they strict. What camps are most similar to camp Bnos ?

I appreciate all your answers.

emee2

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 5:09 am
We love bnos! The girls are great! Definitely more right wing. The camp doesn’t allow tutus or Shabbos robes. Staff wear collared shirts but the girls don’t have to. It’s all maxi skirts and t shirts. My daughter says there is no denim. I’m not sure since we don’t wear denim in general. I do think thé girls are a bit more into the right stuff. Monte Carlo skirts, adidas bags etc but it’s not like everyone is wearing Lacoste. If that makes sense.

We think it’s pretty sporty but you can have a good time without being into sports.

Food is very good and the bunkhouses are really nice.

A lot of girls are from Lakewood. We usually request a mixed bunk with out of town girls. There are not a lot but those bunks seem to be warm and good for a first timer.

We are officially chassidish but I think in our ages we are the only ones…. I’d say it’s more yeshivish but as ppl said above not super yeshivish….middle of the road… I think most of my daughters friends have working fathers.

I’m not sure what camps are similar but if I ever had to switch camps I’d be looking at Baiseinu or Bais yaakov maybe BRC but I don’t know a lot about other camps. We are die hard bnosers at this point.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 7:17 am
emee2 wrote:
We love bnos! The girls are great! Definitely more right wing. The camp doesn’t allow tutus or Shabbos robes. Staff wear collared shirts but the girls don’t have to. It’s all maxi skirts and t shirts. My daughter says there is no denim. I’m not sure since we don’t wear denim in general. I do think thé girls are a bit more into the right stuff. Monte Carlo skirts, adidas bags etc but it’s not like everyone is wearing Lacoste. If that makes sense.

We think it’s pretty sporty but you can have a good time without being into sports.

Food is very good and the bunkhouses are really nice.

A lot of girls are from Lakewood. We usually request a mixed bunk with out of town girls. There are not a lot but those bunks seem to be warm and good for a first timer.

We are officially chassidish but I think in our ages we are the only ones…. I’d say it’s more yeshivish but as ppl said above not super yeshivish….middle of the road… I think most of my daughters friends have working fathers.

I’m not sure what camps are similar but if I ever had to switch camps I’d be looking at Baiseinu or Bais yaakov maybe BRC but I don’t know a lot about other camps. We are die hard bnosers at this point.

As far as similar I would not compare it to baiseinu which is chassidish or bais yaakov. It’s kind of unique being one of the oldest camps and run by agudah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps