Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any Hadar graduates here?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 10:10 pm
Hi! I came back from the Hadar evening of chizuk tonight in Lakewood, was anyone there? It was really nice.
I just had a thought now to search "Hadar", and found some threads here, I guess there are more Hadarlings on imamother than I would've thought!
Figured I'd come here on an anon-enabled forum to say hi!
Graduate of 2006 here- post your year!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:42 am
Older than you, late 90s. Funny that you feel like there's a lot of Hadarlings here, to me it feels underrepresented compared to other places. I always assumed it's so yeshivish that its grads don't end up here. Don't live in Lakewood so wasn't there last night. Would love to hear about how spoke and anything else you can share.

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:11 am
A little younger than you. Didn’t find out about the event until last night. I’m not in Lakewood so it would have been impossible to make necessary arrangements. How did you hear about it? What was it like? I miss it!

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:16 am
I was hadar 2007
Don't live in lkwd

Can I ask a question?
Lemaisah not everyone's husbands are in learning... What do they speak about at these melava malkas?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:17 am
Hadar 2008 and madricha in 2010
Hi people!!!
I wasn’t there last night though. Had other commitments.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:24 am
I have such trauma from that place and it’s staff. The word hadarling is making me gag

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:45 am
No trauma BH, but my dh doesn't like hadar... (He wouldn't have liked most seminaries because he wishes I would have learned how to cook and keep his instead of memorizing meforshim)

And I think the term hadarling is awful too.

I really enjoyed my year there a lot. Was a great year.

Was actually thinking yesterdayI am SO MANY years out of seminary and it's funny how when I was in shidduchim it was my major topic ofV conversation...

I can go a year wiithout thinking about that year.
And I was a very studious talmidah...

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:49 am
Hi Op! I think I was there with you!
I guess I’m not on some list or something because I knew nothing about it. I don’t live in Lakewood though so I doubt I would’ve gone. How was it?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 6:50 am
My sisters- in-law went there but they don't use the internet

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:18 am
amother Beige wrote:
Older than you, late 90s. Funny that you feel like there's a lot of Hadarlings here, to me it feels underrepresented compared to other places. I always assumed it's so yeshivish that its grads don't end up here.

You're right, we probably are underrepresented here. (I'm pretty Yeshivish, you'd be surprised I'm on here, but alas... I am!)
I searched Hadar and found some threads with graduates shmoozing about Hadar, I guess that surprised me that there were any, but prob not too many!

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:22 am
Yes I went too.. younger than all of you though. By a lot. Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:24 am
The event last night was advertised in local Lakewood publications. There were no invitations. It seems it was a last minute event, Mrs. Orenstein was here for a grandson's bar mitzvah. I also got a robo-call about it, I guess that they need to have your info for.

It was really nice. It wasn't a whole "reunion", just a speech, but there were tables in the back with some desserts, I did get to see some people and shmooze...

Rav Elya Ber Wachtfogel spoke first, though I missed that, I got there right after, so I can't comment on that. Then Mrs. Orenstein spoke.

They also gave us info for an alumni tefillah shiur that Mrs. Orenstein gives by teleconference every Sunday at 11:30 am (eastern time). Seems she's been giving it for a couple of years, they did Shearim Betfilla, Today she started a new sefer- Nefesh Shimshon on siddur.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:25 am
amother Pansy wrote:
No trauma BH, but my dh doesn't like hadar... (He wouldn't have liked most seminaries because he wishes I would have learned how to cook and keep his instead of memorizing meforshim)

Just curious, are there any seminaries that teach you how to cook??

(and special for the two of you, I changed the title Wink )

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:26 am
amother Apple wrote:
Hi Op! I think I was there with you!

Hi
Hi fellow sem-mate!!
And Hi to all Hadar girls here!!
Smile Smile Smile

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:27 am
amother Pansy wrote:

And I think the term hadarling is awful too.

I really enjoyed my year there a lot. Was a great year.

Was actually thinking yesterdayI am SO MANY years out of seminary and it's funny how when I was in shidduchim it was my major topic ofV conversation...

I can go a year wiithout thinking about that year.
And I was a very studious talmidah...

And do you think his expectations that you spend a year learning to cook and keep house for him is a normal healthy expectation of a man? And I thought that was the job of a mother to prep their children to know basic things about how to be a wife and mother.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:29 am
amother OP wrote:
The event last night was advertised in local Lakewood publications. There were no invitations. It seems it was a last minute event, Mrs. Orenstein was here for a grandson's bar mitzvah. I also got a robo-call about it, I guess that they need to have your info for.

It was really nice. It wasn't a whole "reunion", just a speech, but there were tables in the back with some desserts, I did get to see some people and shmooze...

Rav Elya Ber Wachtfogel spoke first, though I missed that, I got there right after, so I can't comment on that. Then Mrs. Orenstein spoke.

They also gave us info for an alumni tefillah shiur that Mrs. Orenstein gives by teleconference every Sunday at 11:30 am (eastern time). Seems she's been giving it for a couple of years, they did Shearim Betfilla, Today she started a new sefer- Nefesh Shimshon on siddur.

Hadar 2010 graduate. Didn’t hear about this event but I don’t read the voice/bp so my fault I guess if they didn’t do phone calls or outreach.

Would love info for this teleconference though.

And to the one who wrote she was a madricha, hi 👋

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:32 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Can I ask a question?
Lemaisah not everyone's husbands are in learning... What do they speak about at these melava malkas?

So I've thought about this and wondered the same. What about all those very normal, good, frum people whose husbands are not learning (or not anymore) - do they not belong?
I have been to a couple other Hadar events over the years, there's often more "learning" talk.
I found last night to be so relatable and universal, very much about all of life...
Yes, she did mention kollel, but it was a quick mention. Everything she said was nogea to everyone.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Just curious, are there any seminaries that teach you how to cook??

(and special for the two of you, I changed the title Wink )

I've heard that Satmar teaches that, but of course they don't have seminary.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:38 am
amother Navy wrote:

Would love info for this teleconference though.

You can email me at HadarBYgrad@gmail.com for the info

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:
So I've thought about this and wondered the same. What about all those very normal, good, frum people whose husbands are not learning (or not anymore) - do they not belong?
I have been to a couple other Hadar events over the years, there's often more "learning" talk.
I found last night to be so relatable and universal, very much about all of life...
Yes, she did mention kollel, but it was a quick mention. Everything she said was nogea to everyone.

Deleted
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics