Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Recipes with healthier pastas

LO

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:39 am
Hi all! I would love to switch my family to healthier pasta dishes. They won't eat whole wheat. I tried to make baked ziti (in the oven, Between Carpools recipe) with chickpea pasta and it came out in a mush. Can you please share any recipes that you have that you have made with healthier pastas, and also tell me what brand, how to prepare it properly, etc.? My kids aren't so on board with this so it can't taste too different....

Thanks!

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:42 am
When I use whole wheat I put sauces that camouflage the color and taste.

miracle

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:04 am
have you tried spelt?

LO

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:04 am
If you tell me what brand to buy and how to prepare it properly, I would definitely try it....Just don't want to experiment too much and have no supper...Smile

unnamed

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:07 am
Spelt functions the same way and is just lighter and easier to digest

Stars

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:08 am
Cook brown rice pasta exactly like it says on the package. The trouble is that the sauce I make isn’t super healthy either, but that’s what makes it delicious.

tichellady

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:16 am
healthier pasta is just not good in my opinion.

thornyrose

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:21 am
I use whole wheat pasta for the recipe you mentioned, and my kids don't know the difference. It bakes for long enough, it gets very soft and they can't see the color.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:22 am
LO wrote:
Hi all! I would love to switch my family to healthier pasta dishes. They won't eat whole wheat. I tried to make baked ziti (in the oven, Between Carpools recipe) with chickpea pasta and it came out in a mush. Can you please share any recipes that you have that you have made with healthier pastas, and also tell me what brand, how to prepare it properly, etc.? My kids aren't so on board with this so it can't taste too different....

Thanks!

I do it with brown rice pasta. Or brown rice and quinoa pasta.
I put it in the oven raw with sauce mix and cheese all mixed together.

LO

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:33 am
Can you all please tell me what brands you use? I am sure some are better than others...

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:33 am
tichellady wrote:
healthier pasta is just not good in my opinion.

I pretty much agree. The only kind that I can stomach is the kind with added protein.

aussie2

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:09 am
I buy fiber gourmet.. It's expensive but because of fiber much less net carbs.. I find it tastes almost the same as regular pasta..
I boil it and then when it's done I let it soak in the water- it makes it softer..

Happy247

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:20 am
Stars wrote:
Cook brown rice pasta exactly like it says on the package. The trouble is that the sauce I make isn’t super healthy either, but that’s what makes it delicious.

Brown rice pasta from goldbaum. Cook 4 min. Let stand 2-3 min less than package says. Gets too mushy otherwise. Rinse well but delicately not to mash it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals