Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Washing machine recommendations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:55 pm
Looks like I’m in the market for a new machine. I really would like a top loader. Which washer do you love?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:50 pm
If you decide to go with a front loader I love my new GE with ultra fresh technology and a vent to prevent mold

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:13 pm
My appliance guy told me to get a speed queen.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:17 pm
speed queen brand has really lousy service. I know more than one person that went through so much agmas nefesh with theirs. its nice in its simplicity but not made mechanically too well and they were stuck when it broke.
I'm happy with my wpl toploader

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:21 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
speed queen brand has really lousy service. I know more than one person that went through so much agmas nefesh with theirs. its nice in its simplicity but not made mechanically too well and they were stuck when it broke.
I'm happy with my wpl toploader

I have a whirlpool now and don’t love it. Not sure how old it is though, since it came with the house.

I previously had a samsung which I really enjoyed, although I know that brand has some malfunction issues.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 9:01 pm
Bump

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 10:13 pm
I love my Samsung front loaders. I forget the model but they're brand new, just came out in the past year. I leave the door slightly ajar and follow the directions when the AI detects a self clean is needed, and I haven't had a single speck of mold yet in six months. I use free and clear detergent and it's the first time in ages that our clothing actually doesn't smell like anything!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 10:44 pm
lg is rated the best. I did tons of research. top loaders use more water and are not so gentle on clothes so they are not so popular anymore.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 12:58 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
My appliance guy told me to get a speed queen.

I bought a speed queen based on my appliance repair guy's recommendation and am really not happy with it. I find I must pretreat any fabric that is a bit textured. The quick load doesn't wash well. I had a GE top loader that was 15 years old and washed really well.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:41 pm
Bump.... my LG broke

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:44 pm
My LG top loader is great BH

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 11:50 pm
Very very hard.
I've destroyed a few machines over the past years...10 kids...
Anything that has a mother board, well, the board will go, the warranty guy takes a million years to show up, once the board is replaced then you need a new pump, a new this , a new that... the worst was the whirlpool, followed by a samsung.
So far, LG is the one that lasted the longest
I did got an extra machine, an old top loader, old maytag, and the machine is fantastic!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 2:03 am
amother Teal wrote:
lg is rated the best. I did tons of research. top loaders use more water and are not so gentle on clothes so they are not so popular anymore.

Interesting

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 2:09 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
Very very hard.
I've destroyed a few machines over the past years...10 kids...
Anything that has a mother board, well, the board will go, the warranty guy takes a million years to show up, once the board is replaced then you need a new pump, a new this , a new that... the worst was the whirlpool, followed by a samsung.
So far, LG is the one that lasted the longest
I did got an extra machine, an old top loader, old maytag, and the machine is fantastic!

Which proves:
Buy basic. The more new features the more chance it will break.
Buy quality. A broken washing machine can make even the most dedicated eshet chayil going very nuts.
The handyman who fixes your machine should know what quality is. What we would buy for this mother is a good indication.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics