Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
To the people buying/building 5-6k square ft homes
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:27 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Actually you hear it more from people in NJ. In many areas of ny we are used to living in smaller houses.

I am from Florida and now live in NY. I need my space. I need a yard, I need my house to not be touching my neighbor’s house….I also WANT a house with enough space to host for meals and for sleeping, which BH we can do. Our dining room is getting a bit small, but iyh one day we will do some construction and make it bigger.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:52 pm
We live in 2800sq the only thing I really wish I could add to my house would be guest suite built on to the side of my house. That’s the only thing I feel lacking in.

BeHappy!

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 1:02 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
This makes me scratch my head.

I am not in Lakewood, and I have a 2800 sf home. We have 5 bedrooms and 3 baths upstairs. Granted, we also have use of our basement, which has a nice amount of play space and another bedroom + bath. In our town my house is considered quite spacious, and I really don’t feel lacking at all.

In what way can 3800 sf be small??

I think its bec of the amount of bedrooms. You have an extra room plus another bed and bath in basement. So technically Black's house is bigger in square footage but yours is prob more functional. My house is 1600 sq ft. I have 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I only wish I had more bedrooms so I can host guests. Also makes life a bit easier (putting kids to bed, one making the room messy...) if there are more bedrooms.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s a lot of square footage to keep clean!
How many bedrooms do you have?
How many people living at home?
Do you rent out/not use a portion of your home? How much?
What size home did you grow up living in?

2 bedrooms
6 people living here
70 sqm
no cleaning help needed, no guestroom, nothing to rent out
and living in the best place in the world...EY

...oops I seem to have wandered into the wrong thread LOL

4g01o

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:46 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Are the bedrooms small?

We have 5 bedrooms in just under 2000 sq feet (rough size, I forgot the exact number)
1 is very small only 6m2 and another one slightly bigger at 7m2. We chose to have 5 bedrooms as opposed to 4 bigger ones.
The other 3 bedrooms are doubles. One en suite, one family bathroom.

Downstairs, 2 decent sized hallways, together 16 sq metres, a big kitchen diner, 31 sq metres, a small office/reading room, toilet, and a big through room, lounge, dining room and playroom all in one. We hope to put doors in between the playroom and dining room/lounge. One day...

In the UK

Plus, I didn't add on the loft space that we're in the process of making into a functional room.
Plenty of space for our family bh (7 people knh) I don't need, or want bigger.

We have to heat it all as well! And our gas & electricity prices are through the roof right now. Along with the entire country Sad

Last edited by 4g01o on Tue, Dec 06 2022, 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:54 pm
wow, currently living in an approx 2000sq foot house, not sure exactly. 3 double bedrooms (incl finished attic), 2 single bedrooms. (that means you can only fit one single bed in each room). 2 bathrooms. (non en suite). Downstairs is 1 living room, 1 kitchen dining room, and playroom and office. Plus garage used as laundry and storage. 6 kids.

We are moving soon and looking at property. houses of this size in this area go for a lot more than in lakewood thats for sure.

While I would love a slightly bigger house, I don't think I need it. I don't need a bigger bedroom.

I wouldn't mind things like ensuite bathrooms, pantries, walk in wardrobes, devoted warm laundry room. but bigger bedrooms are a waste.

mizle10

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 4:26 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
were 3 people in 350 sqf.

Why do you all NEED so much space?

I only hear this scentiment in NY.

Are you a couple with a small baby?

I have a 600 sq foot bungalow, can't imagine living in half of that!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 8:44 pm
5k sf house is not in the cards for me lol and that’s fine. We just moved from a 1500 sf 3 bedroom semi detached house in Brooklyn to another expensive in town area. We have 4 kids bli ayin hora. I was going nuts in my house as the kids grew older I felt the walls closing in. This house is far from my dream house but it has about 2900 sf, 4 bedrooms one with master bath, and den off the kitchen. It feels huuuuggee , oh and my house is detached and I have my OWN driveway. I think it’s all where you’re coming from?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 8:47 pm
We lived in tiny Brooklyn apartments and our stress levels were through the roof. We got the biggest house we could afford 3500 sq feet in nj and we are so happy. We desperately needed it for our sanity.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 8:56 pm
I grew up in Brooklyn in approx 5000 sf ( including basement though) detached house, which is not the norm, and it’s very hard for me to live in a very small space.
I currently live on 2400 and want to extend to 3600 or so.

I love to host people and events and my house is very open…

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:05 pm
I live in about 2200. We came from an apartment that was about 1600 so when we moved it was quite a difference, especially divided on two floors. But by now my kids are older (and we had more k'ah) and they use more space and I'm starting to feel cramped again. A lot has to do with the layout. I live in a bilevel (aka high ranch) so there are always people around. If the bedrooms would be on a separate floor, I think it would feel more spacious.

We have four small bedrooms and three bathrooms plus a playroom, but no laundry room. Very little closet space. I'm so grateful that we own a house bh, but the lacks are starting to get to me. Hopefully we can extend and add a laundry room plus an additional bedroom.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:19 pm
2,400 sqf
12 ppl bh
4 bdrms
Feels squishy
Another two bedrooms would be nice, another four bedrooms would be nicer.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries