Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Which weight loss surgeon do you recommend?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:02 pm
I’m In NY, willing to travel. Besides, for Dr. Roslyn? Anyone else you can recommend?

ellacoe

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:00 pm
The Fieldings Dr. George/Dr Christine Ren) at NYU, they are both great.

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:06 pm
I'll second Fielding or Ren. They are excellent, have lots if experience, and both had bariatric surgery themselves. (Husband and wife)

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:09 pm
happyone wrote:
I'll second Fielding or Ren. They are excellent, have lots if experience, and both had bariatric surgery themselves. (Husband and wife)

first time I'm overweight, I'm 5/7 and weigh 160 lbs was never more than 130 if I ever gained weight it was 135, 160 was when I was in my ninth month wish I can sleeve! its sad cuz I'm on medication and ppl just think I eat a lot

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:13 pm
happyone wrote:

Only he had surgery (the band), she’s naturally skinny. Both great and lots of their staff had it too.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:15 pm
Dr. Bessler in Columbia

amother
Green

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:31 pm

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:27 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
first time I'm overweight, I'm 5/7 and weigh 160 lbs was never more than 130 if I ever gained weight it was 135, 160 was when I was in my ninth month wish I can sleeve! its sad cuz I'm on medication and ppl just think I eat a lot

Omg same. Wish there was something I can do too. I’ve heard few to many horror stories with ozempic and have seen people start to look like they’re on heroin from it. Diet and exercise hasn’t been helping me. Wonder if it’s my thyroid ..

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:52 am
Just curious if u know that roslin is the best surgeon why are u looking for someone else? I did a lot of research and he’s the best I used him and so did a lot of family members

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:27 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Just curious if u know that roslin is the best surgeon why are u looking for someone else? I did a lot of research and he’s the best I used him and so did a lot of family members

He made an inappropriate comment referring to sefardim. And also he disagreed with a friend of ours on the type of surgery (she wanted the sleeve and he recommended the bypass) when she woke up from surgery she was only then informed that she was given the bypass as per Dr. Roslyns discretion… she was irate.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:48 am
happyone wrote:

Ren had bariatric surgery herself?????

ellacoe

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:51 am
amother Slategray wrote:
Ren had bariatric surgery herself?????

No, she did not. Her husband Dr. George Fielding did. So he really understands what people go through with this. They both have a lot of respect for frum people and understand the lifestyle and what that entails regarding meals etc.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:03 am
amother OP wrote:
He made an inappropriate comment referring to sefardim. And also he disagreed with a friend of ours on the type of surgery (she wanted the sleeve and he recommended the bypass) when she woke up from surgery she was only then informed that she was given the bypass as per Dr. Roslyns discretion… she was irate.

Hold on- you are saying that a doctor put someone out and then did a surgery on them that was never consented to? That is crazy.

Phoebe31

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:15 am
No judgement but if it's just for weight loss, please deal with the underlying issue. It is a quick fix and can cause lots of issues...

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:27 am
anyone use Dr. Sadek in RWJ? whats your experience with him? he's the only that takes my insurance now although I'd love to use Roslyn.

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:

Whaaaat?
I know this is an old thread but I'm looking into bariatric surgeons and came across this thread.
Omg. How can this be true in a first world country?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 10:54 am
Can you download the podcast “half size me”? It’s a weight loss podcast and every few weeks she has someone who did the surgery, lost a ton of weight, and then gained it all back.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:25 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Whaaaat?
I know this is an old thread but I'm looking into bariatric surgeons and came across this thread.
Omg. How can this be true in a first world country?

Hatzlacha! If you start your own thread, you might want to put location in the subject line. Meanwhile, mi k'amcha Yisrael that so many people still kindly opened this thread.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:47 pm
I’m currently seeing dr Dakin in Cornell

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
anyone use Dr. Sadek in RWJ? whats your experience with him? he's the only that takes my insurance now although I'd love to use Roslyn.

I used him. Very skilled surgeon. Not the best bedside manner. A lot of people who used him has an unbelievably quick and easy recovery. My Dh had a consult by a diff doc and using him as the surgeon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise