Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
More Cleaning Tips

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 1:54 pm
How about adding your shortcuts and tips to make cleaning easier.

I use baby wipes for quick cleanups in the bathroom, to wipe sinks, toilets rims and seat, etc.

Please add yours

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:39 pm
Pumice stones with handles - it's a magic eraser for toilets!

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:43 pm
Bleach based spray for pee. Spray while holding your breath, close door, and come back 5 minutes later to wipe up any residue. It's magic, and the only way I survive having boys

amother
Green

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:45 pm
I use fragrance free baby wipes in the kitchen too Hiding

I always put a bag down on the counter when Im doing anything messy like peeling veg, prepping salad, even when Im baking.

Line the counter with a disposanle t.cloth when I make shnitzel. One hand wet and one dry and I try to always always use gloves when I can.

I use a lot of the big food bags.
I use it even to mix stuff in and then pour in disposable dishes.

These are not really cleaning tips but more like lazy hacks.

Thanks for this thread. Il be following.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:49 pm
I use disposable tablecloth when baking with kids. Really saves my sanity when the flour and cocoa go everywhere Very Happy
Also use disposable tablecloths for supper every night. Cleanup take 2 min (I'll let someone else save the planet)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:53 pm
I have a small plastic skeleton on which I thread small/medium astic bag. Perfect for throwing small items. It stands on the counter. When I don't need it anymore just transfer bag to the big garbage bin. My floor stays clean, any spills or misses on the counter instead of the floor l.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:27 pm
Every room in my house has a garbage bin, so there's no excuse for not throwing stuff away. I also keep cleaning supplies in each bathroom, so I can quickly and easily clean as needed.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:21 pm
Never leave a room empty-handed, and don't let family members do so, either. Any time you leave a room, carry with you something that belongs in the room where you're going or one that you will pass on the way there.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:16 am
amother Black wrote:
Every room in my house has a garbage bin, so there's no excuse for not throwing stuff away. I also keep cleaning supplies in each bathroom, so I can quickly and easily clean as needed.

Yes, this! And it helps if that trash can is large enough to hold a decent amount of trash before needing to be emptied. I am in love with these not-too-big and not-too-small $5 ones from Walmart. (I use them with 8 gallon bags.)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai.....47788
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics