Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos makeup

mollie21

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 7:28 am
What brands do you buy shabbos makeup from? Specifically lip products, eyeliner, or eyeshadow. Not so interested in face makeup like foundation, bronzer, or blush. Also if you have any online recommendations that would be extra appreciated (I live out-of-town so there's nowhere close to shop in store as far as I know.) Thanks!

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 8:29 am
There are 2 brands that I know of, Shabbos brush-ups and 7th day shine. Google them.

I am 45+ and my makeup skills are the same as they were when I was in middle school, so I am really not one to ask.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:40 am
mollie21 wrote:
What brands do you buy shabbos makeup from? Specifically lip products, eyeliner, or eyeshadow. Not so interested in face makeup like foundation, bronzer, or blush. Also if you have any online recommendations that would be extra appreciated (I live out-of-town so there's nowhere close to shop in store as far as I know.) Thanks!

Shabbos Brush Ups is amazing. Their powdered lip product comes in a roller tube so you can roll it right on your lip.
https://shabbosbrushups.com/co.....tpage

Their eyeshadow is really good quality and they have beautiful colors that show up. You have to put it on in its powder form.

For their eyeliner powder, I buy my own very fine applicator and use their black powder.
The applicator brush I use is called Sigma winged liner brush.

Make sure to use something over your face as you apply the eyeliner powder (hold a tissue over your under eye and cheekbones, otherwise the residue will make your eye bags look black and blue).

mollie21

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 12:11 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Shabbos Brush Ups is amazing. Their powdered lip product comes in a roller tube so you can roll it right on your lip.
https://shabbosbrushups.com/co.....tpage

Their eyeshadow is really good quality and they have beautiful colors that show up. You have to put it on in its powder form.

For their eyeliner powder, I buy my own very fine applicator and use their black powder.
The applicator brush I use is called Sigma winged liner brush.

Make sure to use something over your face as you apply the eyeliner powder (hold a tissue over your under eye and cheekbones, otherwise the residue will make your eye bags look black and blue).

Thank you! How long do the lip powders last, in terms of how many times can you use it before you need a new one?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 1:53 pm
mollie21 wrote:

I use regular makeup and put it on thicker than normal and it lasts beautifully.
I use cheap eye shadows and black eyeliner from the dollar store, put on a few layers on top of each other, then I use revlon colorstay for lips and put 2 coats on, some mascara and it all lasts for even a 2 day Yom Tov!

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 2:05 pm
mollie21 wrote:
Thank you! How long do the lip powders last, in terms of how many times can you use it before you need a new one?

I have it for a year and still have enough. I don't use it every shabbos.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 2:36 pm
Anyone uses 7th day shine? How do they compare? Ty
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics