Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Wynnewood & Elkins park info (MO?)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 12:50 pm
Are MO people accepted in Elkins Park and or Wynnewood? We are planning on going to each for Shabbos but I'm also interested in more potential feedback and I know that is sometimes easier on an anonymous form so I figure it can't hurt to ask here.

About us: We have 2 dogs, unfiltered internet & TV, and work in secular environments. Kids camps: CDG & Dina. We are planning on sending to Kohelet. I always cover my hair but prefer tichels.

Would we fit in? Any advice? (Full disclosure we know that Cherry Hill is a better fit and have many friends there but that is too far of a commute to our jobs.)

Thanks Smile

happy7

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 1:49 pm
Both places are wonderful, but Elkins park is far from Kohelet. Why aren’t you considering Lower Merion? That is where “hashkafah” (Torah Umada, Zionism, Bnei Akiva) is modern Orthodox. (I’m NOT a referring to Mitzvah observance.)

Also: I don’t think too many kids from Elkins Park go to Kohelet. I would check out the friends situation before choosing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 2:32 pm
happy7 wrote:
Both places are wonderful, but Elkins park is far from Kohelet. Why aren’t you considering Lower Merion? That is where “hashkafah” (Torah Umada, Zionism, Bnei Akiva) is modern Orthodox. (I’m NOT a referring to Mitzvah observance.)

Also: I don’t think too many kids from Elkins Park go to Kohelet. I would check out the friends situation before choosing.

Thanks for replying!

We are also looking at Lower Merion we can't afford a million-dollar house and don't want to move into a condo. Do people in LM have dogs? It didn't look like it but all we did was drive through. We are scheduled to go there in the coming weeks as well.

Torah Academy is also on our radar but we have friends that are faculty members at Kohelet and friends who send there so it just naturally "feels right". (Obviously, we will check out both before making any final decisions)

mynameismom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 2:41 pm
Elkins Parker here! Moved here 4.5 years ago. Definetely you'd be accepted and fit in here.

My 15 year old daughter and two of her friends from EP go to Kohelet. If you'd like to reach out via message it would be my absolute pleasure to try to answer any questions you may have about our wonderful community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating