Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls Schools Comparison to BP Schools

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 1:15 pm
As a non-Lakewooder I’m having a hard time figuring out the schools in Lakewood. Would anyone be able to compare the following schools to schools in BP? Or to explain their type a little? (Chasidish (if yes covered wig, mix, or not at all. How about hat types?) or Litvish, English speaking or Yiddish speaking, preschools wear socks and/ or short sleeves? Etc..)
I’d really appreciate it If you can help a clueless mother out. Thanks.

Bnos Hadassah
Bais Hachinuch
Bais Rochel
Bais Rivka Rochel
Bnos Chaya
Bais Esther Malka

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 1:31 pm
Are you sure there is a bais Esther malka? It’s possible there is but I never heard it. I know Bnos Esther malka but it’s a litvish school and I doubt it’s a good fit for a heimish kid.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
As a non-Lakewooder I’m having a hard time figuring out the schools in Lakewood. Would anyone be able to compare the following schools to schools in BP? Or to explain their type a little? (Chasidish (if yes covered wig, mix, or not at all. How about hat types?) or Litvish, English speaking or Yiddish speaking, preschools wear socks and/ or short sleeves? Etc..)
I’d really appreciate it If you can help a clueless mother out. Thanks.
what type of school is bnos chaya? is it affiliated with the one from bp?

I don't know the exact differences of these schools buy I don't think Bnos Esther Malka belongs on the list.

Bnos Hadassah
Bais Hachinuch
Bais Rochel
Bais Rivka Rochel
Bnos Chaya
Bais Esther Malka

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 3:19 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Are you sure there is a bais Esther malka? It’s possible there is but I never heard it. I know Bnos Esther malka but it’s a litvish school and I doubt it’s a good fit for a heimish kid.

Not sure I might’ve made a mistake, I think is is Bnos Esther Malka. I remember hearing about it, but don’t know details. Ok I’ll remove from my list.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 3:20 pm
amother Yolk wrote:

Not sure if Bnos Chaya is affiliated with BP school just heard about it today.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 3:21 pm
I’d like to add Bnos Bracha to the list and I’ll take any other recommendations. (Chasidishish and she’s in BYBP right now)

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 3:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’d like to add Bnos Bracha to the list and I’ll take any other recommendations. (Chasidishish and she’s in BYBP right now)

Take off bais rivka rochel very litvish
You can add tiferes chaya

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 3:29 pm
From what I gathered from the people I know.
Bais Hachinuch has a similar crowd to BYBP
Bais Rivka Rochel has a lot of heimish background, uphats, but are integrated in the litvish community and aren't necessarily raising kids chassidish, but they are heimish.
Bais Rochel was the original chassidish school and is more chassidish than some of the other schools
Bnos Haddasa Heimish
Bnos Bracha is a litvish school, very warm and simple has a nice number of BYBP heimish kids
Bais Bracha is stolin not sure if you want to add that to your list too

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 4:37 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Bais Rivka Rochel has a lot of heimish background, uphats, but are integrated in the litvish community and aren't necessarily raising kids chassidish, but they are heimish.
Bais Rochel was the original chassidish school and is more chassidish than some of the other schools
Bnos Haddasa Heimish
Bnos Bracha is a litvish school, very warm and simple has a nice number of BYBP heimish kids

Is Bais Bracha better for bybp heimish kid than Nachlas?
Bais Hachinuch has so many bybp kids but they only teach in yiddish?

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:09 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Is Bais Bracha better for bybp heimish kid than Nachlas?
Bais Hachinuch has so many bybp kids but they only teach in yiddish?

Nachlas is a litvish school with a handful of heimish who want to raise their kids litvish. Not a good fit for most heimish families. Bais Bracha is stolin. Do you mean Bnos Bracha? They are also a litvish school but has more of a heimish clientele than other litvish schools, so kids would have more peers that come from similar homes. Bais Hachinuch has the more chassidish kids from BYBP.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:15 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Take off bais rivka rochel very litvish
You can add tiferes chaya

Thanks, is Tiferes chaya the same as Bnos Chaya? What kind of schools is it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 8:15 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Bnos Haddasa Heimish

Thanks so much for the detailed response I really appreciate it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:06 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Nachlas is a litvish school with a handful of heimish who want to raise their kids litvish. Not a good fit for most heimish families. Bais Bracha is stolin. Do you mean Bnos Bracha? They are also a litvish school but has more of a heimish clientele than other litvish schools, so kids would have more peers that come from similar homes. Bais Hachinuch has the more chassidish kids from BYBP.

Thanks for this so none of these are for me. I’m writing all this information down so appreciate it.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 11:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, is Tiferes chaya the same as Bnos Chaya? What kind of schools is it?

Tiferes Chaya is a heimishe chassidishe amazingly run school. Recently it has been very hard to get in due to the large influx of heimishe families in Lakewood but you can definitely try.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 12:26 am
U had written bnos esther malka which isnt heimish, Maybe theres a Bais Malka or something like that...could be its Belz. Im not sure about it, just think Ive seen it.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:09 am
Neemas Bais yaakov???

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 2:17 am
amother Aconite wrote:
Neemas Bais yaakov???

Typical litvish school similar to nachlas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries