Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Healthy dips - zero fat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:29 am
I need ideas for healthy fat free dips… basically anything without oil. Obviously not avacado since that contains natural fats

The only thing I can think of is making a tomato dip without oil but I’m not sure how that would come out and I’m not such a big fan of tomato dips.
Any other ideas?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:35 am
amother OP wrote:
I need ideas for healthy fat free dips… basically anything without oil. Obviously not avacado since that contains natural fats

The only thing I can think of is making a tomato dip without oil but I’m not sure how that would come out and I’m not such a big fan of tomato dips.
Any other ideas?
You can make other dips with healthy fats

Olive tapenade
Hummus with olive oil
Garlic confit in olive oil
Babaganoush with Tahini
Pesto
Tomato dip with olive oil
Onion dip with homemade mayo

mom789

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:38 am
I roast diced eggplant in oven w olive oil. Add salt, pepper, parsley, lemon juice prior to serving. Kind of like a yummy salad.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:47 am
amother OP wrote:

Any other ideas?

Would you use spray oil?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:49 am
Add jalapeño to a fat free tomato dip to give it oomph
Roast garlic heads and an apple, blend and season well
Roast eggplant and a head of garlic, blend and season well

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 11:50 am
What are you trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to control calories because fat isn’t necessarily bad and what are people dipping? If they are using crackers, chips or bread instead of veggies, then the end result will not necessarily accomplish what you are trying to do. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

There are healthier dips and generally homemade stuff would be healthier because you can control excessive cheap oil, sugar and sodium

There are also dips that can be made with tofu which might be healthier depending in what you are striving for.

But in general, dips or appetizers are intended to be eaten in relatively small quantities so portion control is going to be ultimately the best option.

ETA - Salsa is very healthy but again what are you dipping into it because dipping into it because fried tortilla strips obviate the nonfat low calorie health of the salsa.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Dec 08 2022, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 1:14 pm
You can make matbucha with no oil.
Cut up lots of red peppers in pot. Add 1-2 green peppers. Add a can of tomato sauce, salt, pepper and lots of garlic. If you like spicy add a jalapeño or a dash of hot sauce.
simmer for a long time! It's delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise