Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos in cancun

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 2:12 pm
Can anyone recommend where to have Shabbos meals in Cancun? Chabad offers to join , but was also looking into the restaurants that allow you to pre pay for a Shabbos meal. Any recommendations for Shabbos meals as well as kosher restaurants in the Cancun, Riviera areas? Do you have to book in advance ?
Also, can I bring my own food in a suitcase into Mexico ?

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:03 pm
I've only been there for the week, never for shabbos. Grand hyatt in playa has kosher food on site now. So does the banyan tree mayakoba.

I would NOT recommend bringing a suitcase full of food, they will easily confiscate it. They dont allow any raw, even cooked, meat, fish, veggies. I saw them take away boxes of food from the noticeably frum people coming into cancun. I was disturbed , as I don't know any other country that does that.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:48 pm
Shabbos at Chabad of Cancun was really nice. We went for both meals and enjoyed. Met a bunch of couples and spent all Shabbos together - was short enough so we stayed all afternoon.

We stayed at the Krystal grand which is practically across the street 5 min walk away.

Next to Chabad there's a restaurant called ember that does the Shabbos meals don't know anyone who did that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics