Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bullying in girls-passive aggressive

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 10:54 am
Bullying in girls could be much worse than boys. Maybe not as deadly. But the bullied girl could become mentally unstable. The bullying could go on quietly for so long.

My daughter is about 12. My daughter has a small group of friends but I'm not sure how close she is with then. She's a little bit on the outside of the group. Last year she sat next to a kid and she became friendly with the kid. She tried getting this kid to join her group of friends. When it didn't work out my daughter started to pair up with just this kid.

This year my daughter seemed back to her original group of friends. Now a project came up and she let out the secret why she no longer plays with this kid. She has a certain (not consciously) annoying behavior that makes her not likable. (I agree, if true, its very annoying)Half her group left. According to my daughter that was the reason. My daughter said the strong minded kids left the group, and the weaker kinder kids weren't allowed to leave. I don't think the teacher is aware of the whole situation.

I want to know how to guide my daughter. I think it's also a herd mentality. "No one likes her" "no one want to be with her"

Please do not quote me. Even though I'm annomouse I hope my specific situation can't be figured out.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 11:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Bullying in girls could be much worse than boys. Maybe not as deadly. But the bullied girl could become mentally unstable. The bullying could go on quietly for so long.

My daughter is about 12. My daughter has a small group of friends but I'm not sure how close she is with then. She's a little bit on the outside of the group. Last year she sat next to a kid and she became friendly with the kid. She tried getting this kid to join her group of friends. When it didn't work out my daughter started to pair up with just this kid.

This year my daughter seemed back to her original group of friends. Now a project came up and she let out the secret why she no longer plays with this kid. She has a certain (not consciously) annoying behavior that makes her not likable. (I agree, if true, its very annoying)Half her group left. According to my daughter that was the reason. My daughter said the strong minded kids left the group, and the weaker kinder kids weren't allowed to leave. I don't think the teacher is aware of the whole situation.

I want to know how to guide my daughter. I think it's also a herd mentality. "No one likes her" "no one want to be with her"

Please do not quote me. Even though I'm annomouse I hope my specific situation can't be figured out.

OP, sorry for your pain and your family's pain.
I dont know how you measure bullying in girls vs boys.
my son was bullied by boys. the trauma and pain and effects are monstrous.
there is a certain entitelment reserved across the board for boys and men;
whenever girsl do something wrong "they are worse than boys"

and there is herd mentality among bochurim.
go into bais medrash right before davening and you will almost always find some korban being taunted in front of tens of bystanders...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics