Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
The New 24 Six App
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:28 pm
Does anyone have this app yet? I am trying to figure out if I should get it for my family.
Do you enjoy it? Can you tell me what sort of content it has (does it have any Jewish videos, or only music videos?)

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 8:54 pm
Was also wondering how it works- if u download the songs or it streams thru data. Makes a diff for those listening to music in the car

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:23 pm
Following..

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 9:30 pm
If you sign up you get it for free for 7 days. So check it out to see if you like it or cancel before the seventh day so you won’t be charged

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 7:09 pm
Bump

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 7:11 pm
My husband and bil both have it and love it. It’s just like Spotify, but completely kosher.

Do the 7 day trial to see if it works for you and your family

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 7:35 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
My husband and bil both have it and love it. It’s just like Spotify, but completely kosher.

Do the 7 day trial to see if it works for you and your family

Does it have as big as a selection of Jewish music like Spotify does?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Dec 13 2022, 7:36 pm
How much is it after the 7-day free trial? Are there any ads on the paid version, and any restrictions on listening to the music?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 10:44 pm
I believe it’s $9.99 a month. No adds or limitations to how much you can listen. There are also music videos and podcasts.

There is more Jewish music here than on apple music but I’ve never had Spotify. They have the new releases instantly and lots of old obscure stuff. Virtually all the Jewish music is on there but I have noticed a few singers are not. doesn’t really affect what I listen to so I don’t care. But sign up for the trial and see for yourself

watergirl

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 7:50 pm
Bumping. What women’s music is on the ap? Yes I know I can do the free trial… I want to know before starting it. I read a review there are not many women’s podcasts…

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 8:18 pm
watergirl wrote:
Bumping. What women’s music is on the ap? Yes I know I can do the free trial… I want to know before starting it. I read a review there are not many women’s podcasts…

Many
Bracha Jaffe
Dobby Baum
Brooklyn girls choir
Chaya kogan
Shaindel antelis
Cypora perr
Jezliah

Can’t list them all. If you have a specific artist I can try looking it up. Or like you said you can do the trial.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 8:06 am
I have another question. For those with the app - I know they want you to have a separate paid account for every member of your household who wishes to use the app. But does anyone know if you HAVE to do this? Can I share my login credentials with my daughter, for example? Can we both be logged into the app with the same account at the same time?

My reaction so far is that I really like it and I would like it even more if there were kids stories and shiurim, not just podcasts. I had Naki radio and we really didn't like it for various reasons. I feel like this app could be a perfect mix of the best of both worlds if they could get shiurim and stories (especially shiurim by WOMEN!). And yes, I gave them that feedback.

HindaF

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:07 am
What didnt you like about Naki radio? Thinking of buying for my 8 year old son for Chanuka. I'd love more info! Thanks!

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:29 am
HindaF wrote:
What didnt you like about Naki radio? Thinking of buying for my 8 year old son for Chanuka. I'd love more info! Thanks!

Naki radio always needs Wi-Fi the 24/6 only needs Wi-Fi once a month to update. For me this is a deal breaker

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:39 am
HindaF wrote:

With this one you can pick what songs you want . Thr naki radio is awesome but it is a radio

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:44 am
HindaF wrote:

I got a naki radio a few years ago when it was pretty new. I had a few complaints that made it something that really didn't work for my family.
- Our pause function didn't work (not even sure the model we have, which is no longer available, has a pause function) so any shiur or story or whatever we had on, if we needed to pause it, it went back to the beginning. Really frustrating for my kids.
- I wanted to be able to pick the shiur I wanted to listen to, not just whoever was on the torahanytime station. This may be an option now with the premium subscription, no idea.
- There were no women at all on the naki, not music, not shiurim. Again, maybe that's changed now.
- I found the portal to be really clunky. Again, could be that changed.
- I felt it was a bait and switch situation. I bought the device and a year later they came out with premium, which was what we wanted from it. I did not want to pay for the premium, like I said I feel it was a bait and switch.
- it's not transparent. I'm searching the site now to see how much premium costs, and can not find it without providing my information. Why won't they just tell you on the main site? Thanks betweencarpools for having that info. It's $10/month.
- the stories (rebbe Hill) are now for rent only? I just looked at the site and thats what it says.

24six is upfront (hopefully). You know if you buy the device, you still have to pay for a subscription. Or, you don't even have to buy a device.

I would love to have the best of both worlds. It's the stories I really want... Rebbe hill is at least on youtube. But I have to be there with my kids while they listen to it so I can stop them from scrolling on...

Tiredwithjust2

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:50 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Naki radio always needs Wi-Fi the 24/6 only needs Wi-Fi once a month to update. For me this is a deal breaker

I think this is my biggest question. So you don’t need WiFi to use the app? Or just when using the device? Also, does do you mean it loads new songs each time you update?
Looking for a portable music device for my son but don’t want WiFi or videos or radio on it. But even if we found that, we don’t have any recent music to load onto it so we’d have to keep buying new songs for him. This device sounds like it could solve our issues. Am I right?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:53 am
Tiredwithjust2 wrote:
I think this is my biggest question. So you don’t need WiFi to use the app? Or just when using the device? Also, does do you mean it loads new songs each time you update?
Looking for a portable music device for my son but don’t want WiFi or videos or radio on it. But even if we found that, we don’t have any recent music to load onto it so we’d have to keep buying new songs for him. This device sounds like it could solve our issues. Am I right?

I understood that when it’s updated new songs are added and only needs updating once a month. Otherwise it is like a portable music player and does not need Wi-Fi

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:55 am
Tiredwithjust2 wrote:

When you use the app, you need wifi like with any other app. If you have the device, you only need to sync it to wifi once a month. But the downside to that is that is won't be up to date.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 9:57 am
I am very excited about this concept. I am still waiting for delivery of the player which will let my children stream their music without access to a smartphone. I love the idea of only Jewish content and the app is very similar to spotify and seems to have many choices. I am still in my 7 day trial period and I am disappointed that the app crashes frequently and shuts down if I open another app on my phone. The ability to run music while doing other work on my phone is non negotiable. I hope it will work more seamlessly on the player. I have reached out to the developer and I hope it is a work in progress and there will be continual improvements. I really want this to work for us.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics