Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Early Intervention assesment

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 12:11 pm
SO I have NO eXperience with this. They tolD me it would be eb 5 pple at my house doing ti, it seems rEALLY overwhelming for my 2 years ols to have that many ppl focused on her at onec. Whats your experince,make me feel better please.

I'm nerviose

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 12:16 pm
They can all come at different times if you request it. If you go down to the center to have it done there then its not overwhelming at all. They just sit and observe her, each taking turns to assess her for a few minutes.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 12:21 pm
We had three people, and they all came at different times. They were lovely, and my child (who is shy) enjoyed the assessments.

abismommy

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 12:23 pm
you can ask them to do it separately if you think it will be too much for her. then each person will come one at a time and assess her themselves. some questions they ask you and some things they watch her doing to see her skills. it's not scary; don't be nervous. after the evaluation, the individual therapies are one-on-one sessions, half an hour or an hour each.
does the agency have a center? can you do the evaluation in their center? then it's a bigger space and it will be easier on her.
just my thoughts...hatzlocha!

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 1:34 pm
I never had five people! certainly not at once! which fivep eople???

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 1:43 pm
tHEY SIAD,

1 FOR SPEECH, ONE FOR EMOTIONAL, ONE FOR MOTOR, the case worker coordinator, and one other can't remember, maybe nutrition?

and no dd isn't that bad despite the way it sounds Rolling Eyes

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 1:56 pm
Even though my DD only needed speech she still needed all those separate people to check her out. They did come at different times and it wasn't bad at all.
Good Luck.

chestnut

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 4:47 pm
my daughter also needed speech. the case manager came to my work to meet with me - she doesn't need to see the child. the speech therapist and general evaluator (a psychologist) each came at different times. there is no reason for them to come all at once.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics