Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
PSA - You'll thank me for this one

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:05 pm
Next time you're cooking two things on the stove, say rice and carrots, don't lean over the rice pot to reach the carrots. I mean, don't lean in close, right over the little steam flow being released from under the lid. If you do, you might burn your nipple. I mean it, a burnt nipple. And if you nurse on only one side (for reasons not worth explaining here) you might even get it on that side, which means that next time your kid begs for milk you'll be faced with an awful decision.

OUCH

(ps - before any wisegal says anything, the person in question wasn't topless while cooking, she was wearing a bra and t-shirt)

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:13 pm
I have that prob with the hood over my cooktop. its stainless steel and gets hot when the flames are on. my spice cabinet is above it, and I burn my hands when im reaching.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:14 pm
Ouch. Hope the person in question is ok. DH is always yelling at me for leaning over the flame to reach the cabinet above the oven. Maybe I should listen.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:16 pm
Rolling Laughter OUCH!!
I did that once too but not exactly on the nipple, a little of to the side...

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:22 pm
oh Clarissa. you sound like me. I've been burned, cut, and injured so many times that my husband has stopped coming when I scream. it has to reach a certain level before he'll investigate my well-being.

I'm no longer allowed to make pancakes.

and glad you're ok.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:28 pm
Tehilla wrote:
oh Clarissa. you sound like me. I've been burned, cut, and injured so many times that my husband has stopped coming when I scream. it has to reach a certain level before he'll investigate my well-being.

I'm no longer allowed to make pancakes.

and glad you're ok.
Being the kind of person who would call her husband to tell him she got a paper cut, I did immediately call him about this. I told him the worst thing about it is that, unlike the burns I get on my hands, this won't keep me from dish duty. Bummer.

He was very kind. He googled it several different ways, to find me a cure.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:39 pm
Been There Done That Clarissa. Just an hour ago I cut TOWARD MYSELF when slicing a pineapple and very nearly "sliced" half my fingertip instead. What was I thinking?!

Wanna share my Aloe Vera?

A Gut Shabbos...

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 3:41 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Being the kind of person who would call her husband to tell him she got a paper cut, I did immediately call him about this. I told him the worst thing about it is that, unlike the burns I get on my hands, this won't keep me from dish duty. Bummer.

He was very kind. He googled it several different ways, to find me a cure.

oh, I do let him know of every grievous injury. LOL. it's just that he waits for me now...he used to come running, but after the first 40 or so times, sometimes 3 times a day--he now doles out the sympathy, advice, and bandages upon my arrival.

queen

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 1:43 am
I have to say this is a first!
Smile
hope you're feeling better....

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 5:01 am
Sounds like you could use a pad in yours clarrissa they are supposedly armour and bullet proof though I have yet to try it meself Twisted Evil

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 5:03 am
Heard about this one from a friend who was using an abrasive stove cleaner on her stovetop and leaned over to scrub wearing a housecoat and got her nipples burned...couldn't understand that one...but now I see it can happen...

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 5:27 am
nice nice ... silvadene & aloe are good for burns ...

I know s/o who got a booby burn while ironing - go figure ...

Apple pie

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 8:14 am
As you say, OUCH!
Refua shlema, I hope you recover quickly...

And thanks for thinking of us even when in pain!!! Wink

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 8:26 am
I once was holding soup trying to pss it over a gate and it spilled on my right breast. my bra had a flowery laceon it and so I had a bery pretty bur on my right breat for a few weeks it left a redflowery mark!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gt burned where the thread didnt cover its hard to picture it. Hope u can understamd from my description

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 10:32 am
I will now wear a padded vest while cooking. Thanks!

Here's one from me. Do not confuse your finger with a carrot or squash when cutting vegetables.

mugsisme

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:06 pm
greenfire wrote:
nice nice ... silvadene & aloe are good for burns ...

I know s/o who got a booby burn while ironing - go figure ...

Uh, I learned the hard way many years ago why you don't iron your clothes while they are on you.

Hope you are feeling better now Clarissa.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:33 pm
mugsisme wrote:

Uh, I learned the hard way many years ago why you don't iron your clothes while they are on you.

You're joking, right?

sunshine!

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:48 pm
My tip involves the crock pot. Do not open the lid for a peek. Use mitts or a towel. This one after 2nd degree burns on both hands...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics