Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for young adult artist

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 15 2022, 8:50 pm
DS20 would like to give a Chanukah present to his chavrusa. DS knows that he's talented at drawing - DS is unsure if he is talented with other forms of art.
Price range $25-50.

Thank you.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:34 am
there are high quality pencils for artists

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:39 am
amother OP wrote:
DS20 would like to give a Chanukah present to his chavrusa. DS knows that he's talented at drawing - DS is unsure if he is talented with other forms of art.
Price range $25-50.

Thank you.

Totally not my area of expertise but I just want to say that is so thoughtful and nice!

Much nachas.

s1

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:40 am
I have seen Jewish paint by numbers that are very detailed so made for teens/adults. They have of places in EY and of gedolim.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:43 am
1. If he works in graphite, I would think about getting him a Sakura electric eraser. Handy little tool that he would love.
2. There's a new graphite pencil set on the market that ppl like, called Faber Castell Pitt matte. The pencils go very dark with no graphite shine.
3. If he likes working in color, I would try a set of dual tip alcohol markers. Also get him marker paper. I recommend Bianyo or Ohuhu markers. I think a pack of 36 is around 35 dollars.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 12:26 am
amother Clear wrote:
Totally not my area of expertise but I just want to say that is so thoughtful and nice!

Much nachas.

Thank you for appreciating that.
Off topic but I heard (don't remember the source) that the 12,000 pairs of talmidim of Rabi Akiva didn't show respect for each other. Why "12,000 pairs" instead of just saying 24,000? Because they didn't show perfect respect to their chavrusas.

I hope we can foster in our sons an appreciation for their chavrusas as facilitators of Torah learning.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 12:33 am
amother Peony wrote:
1. If he works in graphite, I would think about getting him a Sakura electric eraser. Handy little tool that he would love.
2. There's a new graphite pencil set on the market that ppl like, called Faber Castell Pitt matte. The pencils go very dark with no graphite shine.
3. If he likes working in color, I would try a set of dual tip alcohol markers. Also get him marker paper. I recommend Bianyo or Ohuhu markers. I think a pack of 36 is around 35 dollars.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge in this area.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 4:40 am
I would consider a calligraphy set with some (kosher) ink. He might go into safrus?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 4:43 am
Get him a gift certificate to Michaels.

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 4:47 am
Charcoals/few sketch pads/kneaded erasers/blending stumps

A portfolio

LED desk lamp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics