Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
S/o When do you wear perfume?
Previous  1  2

When do you wear perfume?
never  
 17%  [ 40 ]
only in bed  
 11%  [ 26 ]
occasionally (and only since I got married)  
 13%  [ 31 ]
occasionally (even before I got married)  
 23%  [ 53 ]
frequently/ daily (only since I got married)  
 8%  [ 19 ]
frequently/ daily (even before I got married)  
 25%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 227

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 1:20 am
Whenever I feel like it. Never specifically to bed. But my husband does put on a specific cologne when we are intimate because he knows that I find the smell s-xy.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 1:49 am
Both DH and I don’t like it. For those of you that do wear it, do you use it during pregnancy?
I find I can’t stand even the most neutral scents in normal toiletries. I think I’d go crazy from perfume at those times.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 1:52 am
I am allergic to perfume, so never wear it.
I do have great smelling shower gel, though.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 7:22 am
Never. Others can choose not to look at me, but not to not smell me. I have days that I really don't want to smell anything, and I know people have allergies, so I don't want to impose on others. I used to have a small bottle I was gifted that I wore if I was in the mood on days I wasn't going anywhere. But sometimes I would switch midday to not doing well with the smell, and it was annoying to have to get the smell off.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:36 am
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Whenever I feel like it. Never specifically to bed. But my husband does put on a specific cologne when we are intimate because he knows that I find the smell s-xy.

I'm similar, I wear when I want, and usually before heading into school to teach. Also for Shabbos and YT
Sometimes I wear specifically for DH like after I shower before bedtime. I have a few different perfumes, one I only wear for him or when I'm hoping to be together etc

That scent he finds s-xy as it was something I wore when we were going out.

The others are more for me.

I was told by my kallah teacher that I can wear a different perfume for when I'm niddah so I have one that I wear then but it's not the most common occurrence or I just don't wear.

I was told by another kallah teacher that DH just can't smell my perfume so if I spray before leaving house for work or an event is fine just do it without him in room etc or one that won't linger for when I get home.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:42 am
DH and are are both smell sensitive so there is nothing scented in our house. I detest when co-worked wear perfume or have smelly hand lotion. It really makes me feel sick and renders me unproductive.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 8:42 am
I never heard of the concept of perfume for marriage (or intimacy!) I started wearing perfume at age 16 and never stopped 30
Years later. Every day. I love perfume. I wear it for me.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:37 am
I actually wore it more when single, and as I've gotten older, now rarely. Neither DH or I really like perfume smells...the little from our soaps/some of our laundry detergent is enough. We don't even like scented deodorant/antiperspirant.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:42 am
When I was single I wore it almost daily. After I got married I realized that it's really arousing to my husband and mostly wear it to bed or when I want to attract him. I also only wear when not nidda.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:55 am
I wore perfume at every simchah as a single girl.
Now I wear everyday.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:33 am
I used to wear perfume before I got married, but my husband prefers how I smell naturally to perfume- so I stopped

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:41 am
Never, ever since I learned about chemical sensitivities. I've gotten used to the unscented life and like it that way. Dh has not complained. The smell of fresh clean skin is just fine, and perfume tastes like poison.

And I wouldn't ever wear scent in public. I have no desire to attract other men.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:43 am
Never there’s like only one I can tolerate

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:15 am
Never. I think it's a strange thing to have a smell coming from a person when they pass by.
And I also don't think it's appropriate/tznius to wear when around men, the scents are made alluring for a reason.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:21 am
amother Rose wrote:
I'm similar, I wear when I want, and usually before heading into school to teach. Also for Shabbos and YT
Sometimes I wear specifically for DH like after I shower before bedtime. I have a few different perfumes, one I only wear for him or when I'm hoping to be together etc

That scent he finds s-xy as it was something I wore when we were going out.

The others are more for me.

I was told by my kallah teacher that I can wear a different perfume for when I'm niddah so I have one that I wear then but it's not the most common occurrence or I just don't wear.

I was told by another kallah teacher that DH just can't smell my perfume so if I spray before leaving house for work or an event is fine just do it without him in room etc or one that won't linger for when I get home.

What’s it calls?

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 1:16 pm
Wore perfum since seminary. I bought a few new ones before and after I got married, never thought DH puts any thought into it. But I wore it once when we went out and he commented that he likes the smell and it reminds him what I wore in our sheve brochos week.
That was cute, so I now wear it when we go out on date nights or whenever I want him to notice... I dot wear it often in order for it to be the "special" perfume...

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 5:56 pm
DH doesn't care at all for it so I don't wear in bed (not gna waste it - it's expensive!!)
I wear it to simchos or a night out with friends.
I don't wear every day because I work in an office with men. And because I think it's weird to smell of perfume in the grocery store.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:46 pm
Used to wear everyday.
Then I started getting /interested in holistic health and what we use on our bodies and homes... and I dont use any perfume anymore. Its full of chemicals and hormone/endocrine disruptors. And now if I wear it, it makes me queasy

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:47 pm
for those that wear it to bed, how soon before intimacy do u spray it and where on ur body? I tried once and my husband tasted perfume when he was kissing me and it was gross... maybe I put it on wrong...

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 12:02 am
Never! I can't stand strong smells. As much as I can I only have scent-free soaps, toiletries, and detergents in my home. It's also better for my kids who are sensitive to such things and possibly allergic.

My MIL sometimes wears perfume and I find it difficult to be near her when she's just put it on. When my girls were young and asked, she would sometimes let them try it. I didn't like it but didn't stop her and thankfully they decided on their own that they didn't like it either.

I actually think it's quite rude for people to wear strong scents when they're going to be in close company with others. It's almost a form of assault.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics