Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I’m awkward

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:53 am
This has always been a problem for me. I don’t know what to say or how to say it. I usually manage, but I’m more on the quiet side and say less and listen more.
I’ve been a sahm now bH for many years. I recently had to be out in public for a while and it’s horrible. How do people manage to interact with so many ppl every day???
And I am so lonely as a sahm- all I want is a friend. This dichotomy is driving me nuts.
Not necessarily asking a question, just trying to figure stuff out.

ap

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 7:09 am
I find that quiter people are better listeners and friends.
I also prefer one on one than a group.
Do you feel energized from social or an introvert that wants a friend on occasion?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 7:14 am
Huge introvert here. Love the quiet. People ask me all the time how I keep busy if its quiet but I live off the quiet. That energizes me. That's how I work well. Took me years to understand myself. I do need a friend at times to interact with but hard for me to connect to chattier people. To me its just noise.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:46 am
I think I've figured out that I'm an extroverted introvert. I don't like big gatherings. Happier with one friend at a time. Maybe you can find a Mom in a similar life position and get together with her for coffee or hang out while your kids have a playdate. You could also find a small women's shiur or other group and go out for ice cream or dessert with a friend or two there. That will help you flex your social muscles and to locate companionship at the level and intensity that makes you comfortable. Don't beat yourself up for this. You are allowed to pursue social connection without being the Queen Bee or interacting with her. During the most intense period of covid, many people discovered that they were much happier without social crowds.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:24 am
Difficulty interacting with people is not the same as being an introvert. It doesn't mean you're not one either, but sometimes people have difficulty doing something they genuinely want to do.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:30 am
You’re really not alone in this. It is so painful. Sending love.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette