Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is this rude?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:07 pm
I have always, even at my thinnest, outweighed my dh. He's piled on the pounds but I've piled on more. Lately he's taken to standing with both hands holding his spare tire and moaning I'm so fat, and I. Don't.Want. to. Hear. It. I don't dignify this with a response. I turn my back on him and roll my eyes, or leave the room altogether. I don't know if he's fishing for a denial or trying to shame me into reducing, but either way I refuse to play this game.

And if some size two tried to play this game with me, she'd find herself standing by herself so fast her little size two tush would have skid marks.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:08 pm
mom39 wrote:
I think the size 2 person is seeking attention and wants you to say "you look great!"

This. It's so irritating. I ignore people like that and don't respond.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:19 pm
I ignore people who do this. I can’t be friends with them, because I can’t be friends with people who are so closed minded that they can’t think for one second about what’s happening around them. I think of them as idiots, dumb, stupid. not rude.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:21 pm
I’m a size 6 and when someone complains who is a size 0 and someone complains who is a size 20 then I sympathize. Someone’s 5 lbs could be the same as someone’s 50.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:28 pm
Do you know any woman who thinks they are too thin?! (unless they have a disorder)
She may want to be a size 0, so to her not being able to fit into a size 2 is a problem. Putting on a little weight & feeling fat is still a downer and 'thin' people still want the validation that they are feeling fat, just like a size 20 does.
Yes she does sound insensitive, but everyone also needs their own feelings validated.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:39 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Do you know any woman who thinks they are too thin?! (unless they have a disorder)
She may want to be a size 0, so to her not being able to fit into a size 2 is a problem. Putting on a little weight & feeling fat is still a downer and 'thin' people still want the validation that they are feeling fat, just like a size 20 does.
Yes she does sound insensitive, but everyone also needs their own feelings validated.

She can get the validation from someone around her size. Asking for validation from a person who is a size 20 is very insensitive.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 6:42 pm
No one’s weight/personal body should ever be a topic of discussion.

That’s what I tell my middle school students all the time.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:39 pm
I went to try on a skirt someone was selling that she forgot to return. I was moaning about my weight gain a bit and said I’m so much bigger now than I used to be….and I’m wearing two sizes bigger than before. In the meantime, I’m totally forgetting that she bought the skirt I’m trying on so she must be the same size. I feel terrible. I was oblivious.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:46 pm
Everyone always thinks the people who are “skinny” just went attention by complaining their “fat”
But as someone who most people would agree with is skinny
I wouldn’t complain In front of a size 20
BUT I hate when people roll their eyes at me when I say I want to lose weight…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette