Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Please explain - What is your immediate reaction…
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 1:54 pm
Most people's "immediate reactions" are to the thread title as it appears in the thread list, not a response to the OP. That's what "immediate reaction: means: what's the first thing that pops into your head when you read the title. Got zero to do with the content of the thread. If you hit the nail on the head, it's by accident.

For example--"dating their leftovers". This sounded to me like a complaint by a mom that her family doesn't bother to mark their freezer items with the date said items were put in storage, but since the word "dating" applies also to going out with members of the opposite s@x, "dating leftovers" also sounded like a humorous way of saying " being set up with guys your friend didn't like but thought would be just right for you". I've never actually referred to such guys as "leftovers"--in my parlance they were "Rechnitzer Rejects"-- but totally would if I were writing a humor column about the experience.

I didn't read the thread because it's on a forum to which I don't subscribe, but apparently my immediate humorous reaction was accurate. Sorry about that, OP, but no offense was intended.I really did think the thread was about food storage.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics