Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rent Prices - RBS G2
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 8:07 pm
Trying to get accurate info regarding current rental prices.

We have an apt that is rented out in RBS G2 ground level, small garden, private entrance, 4 bedrooms +nice salon, 2 sink kitchen, mirpeset. Have family member that helps with management but dont use a real property management company.

I know that rental prices all over Israel jumped recently but trying to get good idea of current price range in this specific area. The mortgage costs jumped recently and need to make sure that the expenses are covered but also want to be charging appropriately.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 4:49 am
Really depends on which street its on!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 4:54 am
Read through the RBSviews issues to get an idea. There are tons of real estate ads weekly.

http://rbsviews.com/

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 5:04 am
check rent prices on www.yad2.co.il

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 9:24 am
6.5/7k nis

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:27 am
Ok, just want to be clear.. you live in chul...other than your apartment that you rent out, you have no kesher with EY... am I getting this right..? at the same time you are concerned that you should fully participate in price gouging that goes on here.. a system that really hurts yidden who are not coming with suitcases of money, ...coming to live in Eretz Hakodesh.., to do the helige mitzvah of yishuv eretz israel...and then find themselves struggling to afford the rent within a crazy market.. Ok I think I got it.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:36 am
amother Lotus wrote:
Ok, just want to be clear.. you live in chul...other than your apartment that you rent out, you have no kesher with EY... am I getting this right..? at the same time you are concerned that you should fully participate in price gouging that goes on here.. a system that really hurts yidden who are not coming with suitcases of money, ...coming to live in Eretz Hakodesh.., to do the helige mitzvah of yishuv eretz israel...and then find themselves struggling to afford the rent within a crazy market.. Ok I think I got it.

Puleez Rolling Eyes
You are making so many assumptions about Op. Even if they are true she does not run a chesed organization for subsidized housing. She deserves to get the worth of her apartment.

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:38 am
amother Lotus wrote:

Ohmygoodness. What a wonderful way to judge someone you don't know anything about.
She owns an apartment and wants to know the market pricing. She's not price gouging by renting out an apartment for the fair market value.
She's not a subsidized housing chesed organization.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:40 am
Not about op and don’t want to derail this but, ur worried about the Americans moving
Just think about the Israeli children who grew up there, they are so stuck, bc of this, cannot afford anything making regular or min Israeli wages, they have no place to go or move bc this is the only life, language they know, and don’t have passports for any other place.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Not about op and don’t want to derail this but, ur worried about the Americans moving
Just think about the Israeli children who grew up there, they are so stuck, bc of this, cannot afford anything making regular or min Israeli wages, they have no place to go or move bc this is the only life, language they know, and don’t have passports for any other place.

Israel has lots of opportunities and support for those from poorer communities to get a proper education and make more than minimum wage.

The people in G2 are chassidim mainly and would never work in a mixed environment and therefore are stuck at minimum wage jobs.

Reality

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:35 pm
I don't know about G2 specifically, but in general since all the rentals opened up in daled, rental prices have come down.

milkchocolate

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:54 pm
G2 has plenty of non chasidim, really depends on which street. Very mixed neighbourhood.

Should be able to get at least 6k per month.
Hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 5:59 pm
Thanks for all the replies here! Hadn't expected the thread to wake up after a few months.

We had saved $ and had the opportunity recently to purchase so instead of investing in Chul we bought in EY because we hope to move at some point in the next few years. We only rent in chul actually so it is not like we are cold investors who are looking to price gauge and profit over someone else's blood $. Mortgage rates shot up and we need to make sure the rent at least covers it I actually was asking around davka so what we ask for is within the range and not overboard. Have heard from family there that we could easily easily find a tenant even if we raise it much more and I wanted to keep things reasonable while still able to cover its expenses.

Not sure why those who posted judgy comments felt the need but get that the housing situation is challenging in EY so there are some people hurting out there who are looking for an outlet for the frustration. Sorry that it is hard for you.
Thanks also to those who came to my defense.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

Boruch Hashm the frum people in Eretz Yisrael have a strong and vibrant economy.
Boruch hashem it is a Western country where people live on Western standards.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 2:32 am

From the latest RBS Views. 4 rooms is 7500. If you have 5 rooms you can charge more.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 3:04 am
amother Rose wrote:

From the latest RBS Views. 4 rooms is 7500. If you have 5 rooms you can charge more.

I really don't think all these prices are accurate. English ads are more because they know they can screw over some dumb Americans more easily.

We pay 4000 for a 4 room and I've seen some for 3800 even.

4 rooms isn't even that much in Aleph! On Dolev! Or in Neveh Shamir/Heh.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 3:28 am
amother Rose wrote:

That price is crazy…

Reality

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 3:55 am
amother Maize wrote:
I really don't think all these prices are accurate. English ads are more because they know they can screw over some dumb Americans more easily.

We pay 4000 for a 4 room and I've seen some for 3800 even.

4 rooms isn't even that much in Aleph! On Dolev! Or in Neveh Shamir/Heh.

It really depends how new and what condition OP's apartment is in.

My apartment sounds very similar to OP's and I pay much, much less then what people are saying. I rented 1+ years ago. But my apartment is old. If it was new the rent would be higher.

In my older area of RBS, the apartments sit and some have been empty for 4-6 months because the landlords are asking too much for an old apartment. People are willing to pay but they want it to be nice and new. There is so much new construction in RBS D it really has brought the prices down in the older areas of RBS.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 4:35 am
Reality wrote:
It really depends how new and what condition OP's apartment is in.

My apartment sounds very similar to OP's and I pay much, much less then what people are saying. I rented 1+ years ago. But my apartment is old. If it was new the rent would be higher.

In my older area of RBS, the apartments sit and some have been empty for 4-6 months because the landlords are asking too much for an old apartment. People are willing to pay but they want it to be nice and new. There is so much new construction in RBS D it really has brought the prices down in the older areas of RBS.

Okay I live in G2 though in a new apartment built 5 years ago. I see prices and rentals all the time. I just renewed our contract two months ago and we argued about what's a normal price and I spent a lot of time looking at the going rates for other apartments in the area.

rachelli66

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 4:45 am
OP I am so happy you were able to buy in Eretz Yisroel! Tremendous Zchus! May we all be Zoche to come soon!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions