Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to join me in weight loss accountability?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 6:38 am
Yesterday I did pretty well. I made sure to get up from my desk multiple times to move and to drink water. I still would like to manage to squeeze in a walk or workout into my day. Setting that goal for Sunday.

Yesterday’s food:

Coffee with milk (forgot to reduce my dairy intake and go with almond milk)
Spinach, tomatoe , yellow pepper sautéed in olive oil with 2 eggs.

Snacks: Orange , apple , almonds and pistachios

Lunch:
2 whole wheat bread with half avocado

Dinner:
Salmon, farro and vegetables (made a salad out of it, with lemon juice and olive oil and spices)
Roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt drizzled over it.

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:50 pm
What's everyone's plan for Shabbos? On WW I'm saving points for Shabbos so I have more leeway, but I also want to stay in control.

My Shabbos goals:
Eat a k'sayis challa
No mayo based dips
Baked salmon, Chicken soup with veggies, chicken and unsweetened apple compote for at night. No eating before day seuda, then baked salmon, some eggs, beans from cholent, turkey and compote again.
Lite popcorn & fruit in the afternoon.

Not sure yet what I'll do shalosh seudos or Motzei Shabbos.

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Yesterday I did pretty well.

Keep it up! Applause

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

Hope I can stick to my plan. Good luck to all of you. Have a great shabbos!

I'm assuming you're on the other side of the ocean so by the time you read this, it will be after Shabbos. I hope it went as planned and you had a great Shabbos!

I'm trying to get to know everyone who's on and what plan everyone is doing. Should be do some kind of short header or footer to our posts?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:58 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I'm assuming you're on the other side of the ocean so by the time you read this, it will be after Shabbos. I hope it went as planned and you had a great Shabbos!

I'm trying to get to know everyone who's on and what plan everyone is doing. Should be do some kind of short header or footer to our posts?

I’m doing a keto type plan (but no weighing and measuring foods),high proteins, veggies, healthy fats, tons of water, very low carb

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:04 pm
amother Grape wrote:

How’d we all do over the weekend, ladies?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:

We went to a shabbaton and there was delicious food!!!! I didn’t eat so much though, and I think I maybe went up 1lb, which I don’t really consider gaining weight, because I fluctuate between 134-137

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:15 pm
breakfast
small ww sugar free muffin
sugar free coffee with unsweetened almond milk

lunch
1 whole wheat pita
4 falafel balls
israeli salad (undressed)
techina
chummus
10 french fries

Now I should probably stick to a lighter supper, as lunch had a lot of calories...

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

Baruch HaShem. So far so good. I got my scale and weighed myself . I don’t know what I’ve weighed last week when I started but I am at the highest I’ve ever been. I’m truly hoping my healthy eating is going to lead me to weight loss. I did Keto and lost beautifully but my doctors made me go off since my cholesterol shot up to the excess of fat intake. I then gained back more than double that I lost. I felt so discouraged to try to lose weight again out of fear of gaining it back plus. But my health is deteriorating and Im only 40. So trying to take the doctors advice with this Mediterranean lifestyle .

My food yesterday was :
Coffee and almond milk

1 whole wheat matzah
1 pink grapefruit
A large green leafy salad with some turkey breast in it
1/2 cup cholent

A low carb wrap with half avocado , mixed greens a few tomatoes and sprinkled feta cheese

Snack : pistachios

Today:

Coffee and almond milk

Breakfast : 2 eggs
Leafy greens
1/2 plum tomatoe
A few olive s
2 slices Ezekiel sprouted bread

Snack: apple

Lunch:
Oatmeal with almond milk and cinnamon

Dinner:
Turkey breast
Green salad with Tomatoe , chickpeas and olive oil dressing
1/2 baked sweet potatoe

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:18 pm
I could've done better over Shabbos, but it's okay because I'm so careful during the week, to allow myself to enjoy Shabbos, though I hope to do better next week!

Firebrick: that sounds delicious!
Skyblue: Keep it up! I'm probably about 5 years younger than you and worrying about my health too; I feel you. It must be so frustrating to have lost so much weight only to gain it back! Best of luck on your journey. I would love to stick it out together in the long run (unless I decide to get pregnant)

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:25 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Me too. I desperately need to loose weight. And just found out I'm pregnant this week! But I really need to lose.

Same! Was hoping to lose like 20-30lb before getting pregnant (though I've been TTC for over a year)... So now I'm kinda at a loss on best approach. I just want baby to eat up my calories, lol

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s great.

If anyone is interested, sugar and wheat both cause major cravings. I’ve found in past the high protein low carb to be most helpful because it cuts cravings and appetite. It really does.

I don't disagree, but practically, what do you eat (haven't read the whole thread yet)? Do you have variety? I struggle with finding and preparing healthy options, and then resort to the junk... (Also, healthy food is so expensive Sad )

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 10:14 pm
Happy to update, I stuck to food plan.
I wish I can remember to drink more; I'm aiming to increase but so far not succeeded.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:13 pm
My overall, loose plan is to increase water intake (interesting to read PP about before and after eating, but not during) and limit carbs. By virtue of limiting carbs, I'd hopefully be replacing with proteins and vegetables (though I know many have carbs).

Instead of pasta, I made a salad topped with eggs, but I did add a mayo-based dressing and some croutons I dont want to see.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:20 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I don't disagree, but practically, what do you eat (haven't read the whole thread yet)? Do you have variety? I struggle with finding and preparing healthy options, and then resort to the junk... (Also, healthy food is so expensive Sad )

The truth is when I stick to my plan, it’s very satisfying and filling and I’m nit having cravings so resorting to junk isn’t a problem, and I’m usually a big junk eater!

So I eat a huge salad with any type of protein and healthy fats for my first meal, and then if I want a snack in middle I take a handful of nuts. Dinner is usually a vegetable kugel, or roasted veggies, etc and any type of proteins I want including hot dogs, cold cuts, steak, chicken, turkey breast, meatballs, hamburgers, fish… tons of water throughout the day.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:21 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Happy to update, I stuck to food plan.
I wish I can remember to drink more; I'm aiming to increase but so far not succeeded.

Can you set an alarm on your phone to remind you to drink?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:32 pm
How does this work? Can I still join?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 2:55 pm
So far today I have had

5c water
Gingerbread cookies and a string cheese (talk about breakfast on the go!)
A baked potato with cheese and spinach
Some brownie brittle
A banana

Don’t know if I’m starving cuz I haven’t had anything substantial, or cuz I’m nursing….but I’m famished!! Anyone have any ideas?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
So far today I have had
Don’t know if I’m starving cuz I haven’t had anything substantial, or cuz I’m nursing….but I’m famished!! Anyone have any ideas?

More protein? Hard-boiled egg, some fish, etc.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
How does this work? Can I still join?

Sure, there are no rules. We’re just sharing our experiences and ideas for what to eat.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise