Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to join me in weight loss accountability?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 8:32 am
Before I got pregnant with my baby, I downloaded a calorie tracker, and that helped a lot, if not with losing weight then at least with maintaining. Once my body gets back in schedule, I’d also like to start walking outside or on the treadmill, depending on the weather. I was doing that before I got pregnant too, 2-3 times a week. I almost passed out the first time I went on the treadmill after getting pregnant, so I didn’t do that anymore. I walked outside for a bit, but by the time the weather was consistently nice, I was already too achy. Anyway, I’d like to get back to keeping track and walking, so this is a good place for me.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:43 am
I want to join but I'm scared to weigh myself Can't Believe It any suggestions?
I really don't want to know how much I weigh at the moment.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:04 am
So… I’m fasting today but woke up early to eat. Will try not to go overboard later when I break my fast. My old way of thinking was that I deserve it…

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:06 am
https://I.imgur.com/3DJw5MS.jpg

What an appropriate advert ☺️😄

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:48 am
amother Hotpink wrote:

Join by making healthy habit goals and sticking to it. It doesn't matter what the numbers on the scale saw, as long as you're feeling great and see a difference in your clothing!

(I'm hypocritical though, because the numbers on the scale motivate me LOL )

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:

You know what? I knew I had gained a significant amount of weight lately and just like you I was avoiding looking… and you can choose to do that of course, and just start this weight loss initiative and hopefully when you feel you’ve lost some, you’ll feel ok weighing yourself.

But for me, I felt like I finally had to face the music, and weigh myself in order to feel accountable and to keep track of my progress, and I did. And I was thankful I hadn’t gained as much as I feared.

But let’s not focus on the past, let’s move forward and try our best!

Is everyone committed here to start our new venture today? Feel free to post any motivation, goals, thoughts, what you ate each day if you want to (it helps keep you accountable but no one is forced to) and of course any weight loss as we go along.

So I woke up early today to eat before the fast, I’m doing high protein, very low carb,
I ate 2 eggs and half an avocado, lots of water.

And ladies, no matter how you choose to eat, lots of water is a MUST! And it helps keep you full. Please make sure to drink and drink every day! Good luck to everyone!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:21 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
So… I’m fasting today but woke up early to eat. Will try not to go overboard later when I break my fast. My old way of thinking was that I deserve it…

Me too! Hate the thought of deprivation! But truth is, feeling overweight and not good about ourselves, both about our looks and also our health, is the worse deprivation!

Let’s do this, Imas! We’re here for each other,

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:28 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I'm on Weight Watchers and started Sunday. Hope it's okay!

I like my amother name, though I'm trying not eat too much fruit. Wink

Sure, whatever diet or weight loss plan you’re doing is fine. Just this can give us daily accountability and support

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I'm in. I already started. Not doing anything extreme as I'm nursing. Just limiting my sugar and wheat intake.

That’s great.

If anyone is interested, sugar and wheat both cause major cravings. I’ve found in past the high protein low carb to be most helpful because it cuts cravings and appetite. It really does.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
I have flagged this post. A weight loss contest is a very dangerous game for anyone who has previously had an eating disorder. We have a child who developed one out of pressure to feel thin by her peers. She was a regular-sized, healthy, fit girl who was made to feel like she needed to lose weight.

Losing weight is not the only indicator of health and those building muscle too will lose less than those who starve themselves which is unhealthy.

It is disgusting to make a “contest” out of this.

I’m sorry you feel that way and I suggest you just not read this thread. But to ask everyone else not to be able to do this if we feel it’ll be helpful just isn’t fair. Just like you wouldn’t dream of going to Weight Watchers and telling them they shouldn’t have their program.

Each person can do what they feel is right for them

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I'm in. I started on my own last week, but some accountability will hopefully keep me motivated. I'm doing sugarfree, low carb, high protein. I have previously sucessfully lost over 20lbs with this lifestyle and kept most of it off. But I still need to loose about 10-12lbs.
I hope to reach my goal by Pessach. That would be slow and steady and healthy.

Me too! So glad you’re in

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Ok, to all the bashers, it's not a contest. Let's call it the accountability thread.

I'm in!

I am sticking to a calorie limit so aiming to eat healthy and filling foods instead of junk.

I need all that baby weight to come off before starting another pregnancy otherwise there is no hope.

Exactly! Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word contest since it seems to anger some people
It’s a weight loss accountability and support group. How’s that?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I’m trying to follow a Mediterranean diet. My scale is broken and my new one didn’t arrive yet. I don’t know how much I weigh , but I know that I’m at least 75 lbs overweight. I started eating this way on Sunday.

Good luck! So glad you’re in

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:42 pm
How is there accountability in a free, online, zero commitment, anonymous forum? I don't get that part.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:47 pm
Wish I could’ve been able to read that ad! LOL

TOnights menu is salmon, pasta, string beans
And dessert made by kids.

I love pasta and I love dessert!!! Sad

Will try to curb my portions

MyFitnessPal app is good for calorie counting… when I’m into it

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s great.

If anyone is interested, sugar and wheat both cause major cravings. I’ve found in past the high protein low carb to be most helpful because it cuts cravings and appetite. It really does.

I find that I feel much better when I allow myself a small amount of wheat/starch/carbs.
Obviously eating a lot is not good for weight loss but if I have a little along with protein and water I’m satisfied for a long time. For sugar cravings I’ve been using a product called swerve which tastes exactly like sugar but somehow has zero calories. I use the brown sugar swerve- and no joke it tastes exactly like brown sugar.
But you are right- many people completely cut out sugar and carbs and see great success. That’s just not for me though.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
How is there accountability in a free, online, zero commitment, anonymous forum? I don't get that part.

It motivates you to stay on track. It’s always harder to do it all alone.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:07 pm
I know it’s a fast day but I take medications and have health issues and I can’t fast because of it.
I’m new to this Mediterranean way of eating but I like it because I don’t feel restricted . I’m being super mindful of portion control .

My food for today:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 cup almond milk
1 plain Greek yogurt , with a drop of vanilla extract , 1 stevia packet and a whole orange

Lunch : 1 slice Ezekiel bread (sprouted bread)
1/2 avocado

Snacks: Handful of cashews
1 pink grape fruit
1 bowl vegetable bean soup (made from scratch, no soup mix , no canned beans)

Supper: 1 large veggie salad with olive oil dressing , sprinkled with some feta cheese and chickpeas

Lots of water

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:15 pm
I’ll join in! I made a big pot of lentils (dal) for the week with jasmine rice. I like having it ready available for fueling all week long!
I have 20 pounds to lose and need to reduce my LDL and blood pressure.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
I’ll join in! I made a big pot of lentils (dal) for the week with jasmine rice. I like having it ready available for fueling all week long!
I have 20 pounds to lose and need to reduce my LDL and blood pressure.

Can you tell me how to cook lentils?
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise