Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to join me in weight loss accountability?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:30 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
How is there accountability in a free, online, zero commitment, anonymous forum? I don't get that part.

I don’t think you’re getting the use of the word accountability.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:40 pm
(not fasting due to nursing)

breakfast: tap cappuccino muffin + coffee with splenda and almond milk
snack: whole grain oat pretzels
lunch: whole wheat roll, half a plum tomato, avacado, 1 egg + 1 egg white

I didn't plan what I'll be having for supper though there are chocolate covered pretzels that are winking at me....

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Can you tell me how to cook lentils?

Boil 1.5 cups lentils in 5 cups water with tumeric and ginger teaspoon each.
Simmer on a low flame until it resembles a porridge.
While the lentils cook , sizzle up olive oil in a frying pan with cumin spice until it becomes fragrant add 1 medium chopped tomato orc1 cup chopped.
Also chopped Serrano Chile 2 teaspoons if you like it spicy.
Add frying pan contents to the lentil pot. Serve with jasmine or any kind of rice you like.

This recipe is adapted from the Wall Street journal

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
How is there accountability in a free, online, zero commitment, anonymous forum? I don't get that part.

I have had 1-2 accountability partners where we text/WhatsApp talk daily. It is definitely easier to not get out of line when someone asks you why you didn't work out that day or what you ate. Large groups are harder cuz no one is checking on you individually. The point through is that people want to be encouraged and seeing others good choices can motivate them to eat healthier or exercise.

No need to knock this thread if it doesn't work for you.

No one stays the same weight their entire life. Losing and gaining and losing and gaining is lifelong. Luckily I have learned a lot about weight loss. Mindset is the biggest factor to determine maintaining weight. Staying positive and giving yourself positive self talk is hard for people. A group setting you get encouragement from others.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:43 pm
I made lentil soup for myself, to help.
When I have soups in the fridge, I’ll opt for that instead of cookies and crackers.

My lentil soup is approximately (I don’t really have amounts)
A little oil for bottom of pot
1 - 1 1/2 lg onions
5 carrots
2 yams
1-2 zucchini
A bag or red lentils
Water to fill
Salt
Garlic powder
Pepper

Bring to a boil. Simmer 45 min. Blend.
Yum

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 5:01 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I made lentil soup for myself, to help.
When I have soups in the fridge, I’ll opt for that instead of cookies and crackers.

My lentil soup is approximately (I don’t really have amounts)
A little oil for bottom of pot
1 - 1 1/2 lg onions
5 carrots
2 yams
1-2 zucchini
A bag or red lentils
Water to fill
Salt
Garlic powder
Pepper

Bring to a boil. Simmer 45 min. Blend.
Yum

IME soups make such a huge difference in staying on track! I started trying to have a lentil or split pea soup instead of a starch at supper. (Previously, if I didn't have a starch, I'd be eating all evening.)

In the above recipe, if you want to a shortcut, substitute mixed frozen vegetable for the vegetables. Capri Blend works well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 5:11 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I know it’s a fast day but I take medications and have health issues and I can’t fast because of it.
I’m new to this Mediterranean way of eating but I like it because I don’t feel restricted . I’m being super mindful of portion control .

My food for today:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 cup almond milk
1 plain Greek yogurt , with a drop of vanilla extract , 1 stevia packet and a whole orange

Lunch : 1 slice Ezekiel bread (sprouted bread)
1/2 avocado

Snacks: Handful of cashews
1 pink grape fruit
1 bowl vegetable bean soup (made from scratch, no soup mix , no canned beans)

Supper: 1 large veggie salad with olive oil dressing , sprinkled with some feta cheese and chickpeas

Lots of water

Wow sounds like you’re not eating much. Do you feel full from that?
A nutritionist once told me if you eat too little, believe it or not, it hinders weight loss because body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the fat.

Guys, what are we eating tonight?

I just prepared a huge salad with lettuce, cukes, peppers, olives, avocado, mushroom and have baked salmon to top it with.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 5:51 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I know it’s a fast day but I take medications and have health issues and I can’t fast because of it.
I’m new to this Mediterranean way of eating but I like it because I don’t feel restricted . I’m being super mindful of portion control .

My food for today:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 cup almond milk
1 plain Greek yogurt , with a drop of vanilla extract , 1 stevia packet and a whole orange

Lunch : 1 slice Ezekiel bread (sprouted bread)
1/2 avocado

Snacks: Handful of cashews
1 pink grape fruit
1 bowl vegetable bean soup (made from scratch, no soup mix , no canned beans)

Supper: 1 large veggie salad with olive oil dressing , sprinkled with some feta cheese and chickpeas

Lots of water

What is the Mediterranean business? Someone else mentioned it too (or maybe it was you, I can’t remember!)

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:02 pm
Day 1: overall success. I'm still catching up on water drinking, but ate well.
No exercise because most kids were home most of the day.

Not eating after supper is a huge challenge for me. I have to keep talking myself out of it. I'm not hungry and I brushed my teeth already. Maybe I'll have one more cup of water and make an early night.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 8:29 am
Enjoying my coffee now and reading this thread.
Had some dal for breakfast with a big juicy orange
For lunch today I will have baked oatmeal with Greek yogurt ( new recipe!)

Dinner… will probably be salmon with salad

My goal is to lower my LDL’s and lose 5 to 10 pounds by my next doctor appointment)

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 8:31 am
amother Grape wrote:

Not eating after supper is a huge challenge for me. I have to keep talking myself out of it. I'm not hungry and I brushed my teeth already. Maybe I'll have one more cup of water and make an early night.

Not eating after dinner is hard but what helps me is another relaxing evening activity to look forward to. Like reading in my rocking chair and putting my feet up. Try to find a relaxing way to end your day that works for you

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 8:44 am
My tracking app expired :-( does anyone have a good app that keeps track of what you are/how many calories?
So far I took my vitamins and had a cup of hot chocolate….now I’m shopping, I’ll eat something when I get home.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:30 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
My tracking app expired :-( does anyone have a good app that keeps track of what you are/how many calories?
So far I took my vitamins and had a cup of hot chocolate….now I’m shopping, I’ll eat something when I get home.

I use My Net Diary and it's great.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:46 am
amother Grape wrote:

Hurray!

How are we all doing today?

I’ve taken to getting on my exercise bike (almost) 1st thing in the morning because if I put it off, I end up finding excuses for not having time or being too tired.

So I’m on my bike as we speak, it’s 11:44 and I will eat my first meal of the day when I’m done around 12. I’ll have a large tossed salad with avocado and tons of other veggies, some babaganoush on top and a slice of baked salmon.

Wishing everyone a successful, happy day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:47 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Enjoying my coffee now and reading this thread.
Had some dal for breakfast with a big juicy orange
For lunch today I will have baked oatmeal with Greek yogurt ( new recipe!)

Dinner… will probably be salmon with salad

My goal is to lower my LDL’s and lose 5 to 10 pounds by my next doctor appointment)

Yes, a dr appt is a motivation in itself! I made an appt for a month from now and hope to be down some more weight by then.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:48 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:

A quick look at the best calorie counter apps
Best overall: MyFitnessPal
Best free features: Lose It!
Best fully free: FatSecret
Best for specific diets: Cronometer
Best for weight loss: Noom
Best for building healthy habits: Lifesum
Best for diet quality: MyNetDiary
Best for simplicity: Calory

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:02 pm
Thanks op and everyone for the motivation!
Still keeping it healthy!

Made an interesting lunch…

Why settle for cold and unexciting yogurt?
I sizzled some dry oats in a pan and added a teaspoon of Good quality preserves to warm it up.
This was the most delicious yogurt topping I ever had!

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:07 pm
So today I ate:

brunch: 2 slices wholewheat ryebread with 1 egg, fried mushrooms (1/2 tsp oil) and lots of veggies
snack: 1 small Apple,1 small orange, 3 dates
dinner: chicken breast, quinoa, steamed veggies. And 1 piece of dark chocolate b/c my sweet potato got burned to a crisp 🥴

I also drink several coffees throughout the day, but they are practically calorie free, so I don't count them.

How was by you all?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:25 pm
I’m already off the wagon…..I should know better than to get food when I’m not home. I eat so much more that way. I ordered three rolls of sushi…..and ate them all :-(

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:26 pm
Forgot to add….I also haven’t been home since 10:00, and when I left I forgot to take water with me. So haven’t had anything to drink since my two cups of hot chocolate this morning.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise