Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you love or hate working?
1  2  Next

Do you love your job?
I love my job/I would rather work.  
 48%  [ 58 ]
I hate my job/I hate working  
 23%  [ 28 ]
Other  
 27%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 119

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 9:24 pm
So many threads have been started recently saying that they hate their jobs for one reason or another.

I was curious what the percentage was, so here is a poll. Truth, do you love or hate your job? Are you secretly hoping that you get fired or something so you can stay home, or you can't even imagine that thought?

I'll start - I work full time and I'd rather do that than be a SAHM (my kids are all in school).

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 9:27 pm
I love my job. It's interesting and rewarding. But I'd be a stay at home mother in a heartbeat if I could.

I forget -is stay at home mother considered an offensive term? I apologize if it is. I know they don't just stay home.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 9:30 pm
BOTH. I love going out and meeting people and feeling accomplished out of housework. it's also stressful and leaves me very little time to do anything for myself, let alone housework that always gets done during the hours that the kids are home.
alas, money don't grow on trees.

observer

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 10:48 pm
As jobs go, I pretty much like my job.

But I'd much much much prefer to be a stay at home mom if it was financially an option.

Machel

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 10:48 pm
I am really grateful that I found a job that I love. My first few jobs I hated and only worked because we needed the paycheck. I started my dream job in 2020 and its amazing to have a job I'm passionate about.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 10:52 pm
Didn't vote, because I love my job, but if I didn't have to work, I would stay home.

Hello99

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 12:04 am
I don't LOVE my job but I'm happy to have a reason to get out of the house every day.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 12:05 am
Im a SLP
Hate that the pay is terrible.
I like that I socialize during the day

mamawfh

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 12:08 am
I have a love hate relationship with my job, and with being a working mom in general.

I enjoy the stimulation but I hate how it takes over my life

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 12:19 am
Can it be both?
I love aspects of my job, I love complaining about my job, I have no interest in finding a different job, I don’t have kids home and really don’t need to be home (not productive when I am) and LOVE days off.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:29 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Can it be both?
I love aspects of my job, I love complaining about my job, I have no interest in finding a different job, I don’t have kids home and really don’t need to be home (not productive when I am) and LOVE days off.

I’m in a similar situation. I work from home though. I also voted other.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:10 am
I voted other. I like my job and look forward to working every day. I enjoy my flexibility, I work hybrid , some days remote and some days in the office and it’s up to me to decide when.
I don’t mind the work that I do , but I don’t love it.
I don’t like that I have very strict and difficult deadlines and have lots of stress and work over time during certain weeks of the month.
I don’t like that sometimes work is so demanding it takes over my life and I can’t take care of my home life.
But , I love that I have lots of options to take off of work for a mental health day if I need to etc.
I can go to doctors appointments and not stress about it being during work time.
I can make my own 40 hour work week according to whatever hours suit me.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:20 am
love hate relationship.
I love what I do. Most days I love going out and coming home.
Some days I'd love nothing more in the world to give up my job and stay home. Either cause I don't have patience to work, or before a yom tov or simcha....

I guess I love it more than hate it because I keep on going back...

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:55 am
I like my job but it's still work. That's why it's called "work!" I feel like as a millennial we were taught that we could be anything, do anything, and we should love what we do. That's a nice idea but it's not reality and my DH struggles with this because he doesn't like working. He thinks it's his job but I think it's just that it's work. I think it's okay to not love your job as long as it's not horrible and soul-crushing. You develop hobbies outside and you have your family and work doesn't have to be everything.

I don't think it has to be all or nothing, love or hate.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 8:03 am
I would love a VERY p/t job.
I worked Tues and Wed and Fri last week because I had to use up my pto and was off again yesterday.
It was nice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 8:43 am
amother Denim wrote:
I like my job but it's still work. That's why it's called "work!" I feel like as a millennial we were taught that we could be anything, do anything, and we should love what we do. That's a nice idea but it's not reality and my DH struggles with this because he doesn't like working. He thinks it's his job but I think it's just that it's work. I think it's okay to not love your job as long as it's not horrible and soul-crushing. You develop hobbies outside and you have your family and work doesn't have to be everything.

I don't think it has to be all or nothing, love or hate.

I like all the responses here, thank you!

One of the reasons I do like to "work" is that I like the "work" at "work" better than I like the "work" at home. IOW, I'd rather do the things I do at work than clean house, fold laundry, cook, shop, etc.... I don't think most of us have a choice not to work at all, and I don't think it's healthy for people not to work at all. But it's nice that we get a choice as to what kind of "work" we can do.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:17 pm
My job is not horrible. As jobs go it's pretty good. The schedule is not stressful and my workload is manageable. I'm doing work I enjoy and feel good at (still room for me to grow and improve).

Drawbacks: Salary is decent but nowhere near enough for a frum family. I think it's sad that I'm working hard in a professional job and still be stressed about finances. I work 2-3 jobs on the side in addition to my main job. It's not like I could make a whole lot more money without doing additional training (which also costs time and money).

I like my time off. I like being able to do whatever I want whenever I want. But I'm an adult and I do what I need to do. I also know that during times when I was home full time (either by choice or because I didn't have a job or whatever) I didn't use the time as wisely as I could have and felt super-stressed the entire time. So not having a job wouldn't make life any better or easier for me.

I'm not great at housekeeping or taking care of kids, so not having a job means I spend my entire day doing things that I'm not good at and feel like a failure. Not the greatest for my mental health.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:18 pm
It's a love/hate relationship

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:24 pm
I have a decent job. I like what I do, my boss is pretty nice. I have some flexibility and a decent amount of days off. My salary has gone up around 20k since I started 8 years ago. I feel like I help people better their lives without the emotional burden of being someone's therapist which is a really nice feeling.

But its a tiny office so taking multiple days off is very hard. I also see the kishkes of how a lot of my community members do business and its not great for my ahavas yisroel. I dont respect a lot of people. I am not sure working anywhere would be better but it feeds my already cynical side which isnt great.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:31 pm
I hate my job. I could look for a new one, but I’m about to have a second baby and don’t feel like interviewing pregnant. Then I will have two under two, and honestly my preschool teacher salary is as much as childcare would cost for them.
To be fair I don’t hate the kids or teaching, my school is just really poorly run and the administration is crazy.
Hopefully I can bc on once my husband that it’s worth not paying for childcare for me to stay at home.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics