Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shiurim to take while visiting Israel

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 7:43 pm
I’m planning a trip to Eretz Yisroel, for about a month, with my husband. We’re in our 50s. He wants to spend a little time learning in a yeshiva while we’re there, and I’d love to find something similar to do at the same time. We are BT, yeshivish, and have been frum since we were first married, so I’m not looking for Aish or Neve type beginning classes, but I don’t want anything too difficult either. Are there any short learning programs for women? Or Shiurim that I could drop in to?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 7:48 pm
Shearim might be a good fit. It has higher level classes but has tutors if the text is too difficult. It’s not the same fluffy feel good style classes as Neve. If you don’t want to go full time, I know they also have classes just Monday mornings for women of the community so closer to your age range.

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:58 pm
Thanks! I’m going to check those out.

skyeblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 1:40 pm
Rebbetzin Shira Smiles speaks on Tuesday mornings I believe

Also, not all Neve classes are beginner classes. There may be something for you as well

Hatzlacha! It's so nice that you and your husband can go to Israel for a month together, and that you're looking for classes

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:32 pm
essie14 wrote:
https://www.ouisrael.org/events/

https://www.ouisrael.org/event.....urim/

https://www.matan.org.il/en/ev.....ries/

OU Center is great! Keren Hayesod St.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:43 pm
Rebbetzin Altusky (Rav Scheinberg's daughter) speaks different places in and around Jerusalem.
There are shiurim in the old city. I don't know the details, but I could find out for you, if you're interested Smile

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:49 pm
I was thinking of suggesting MaTaN. They have really good shiurim in English or Hebrew, but I don't think they have any short term study options. You would probably have to register (and pay) for any courses you wanted for the full year. On the plus side, their classes are all zoomed and recorded, so once you have registered, you would be able to continue with that class for the full year. They have one off lectures, and other events, but that would depend on the timing of your visit.

Shearim is more visitor friendly, and you would only have to pay for the period you are there. The Israel Center you would also be able to pay per class, but they are less textually oriented, if that is what you are looking for.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:51 pm
Ohr Chaya has shiurim you can just drop in for, very nice

More info here http://www.torahindex.com/En/I.....=2259 (it's not their website just lists them)

mazelandbracha

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 3:11 pm
skyeblue wrote:
Rebbetzin Shira Smiles speaks on Tuesday mornings I believe

Also, not all Neve classes are beginner classes. There may be something for you as well

Hatzlacha! It's so nice that you and your husband can go to Israel for a month together, and that you're looking for classes

Thanks! We’re really excited to have the chance Smile

mazelandbracha

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Rebbetzin Altusky (Rav Scheinberg's daughter) speaks different places in and around Jerusalem.
There are shiurim in the old city. I don't know the details, but I could find out for you, if you're interested Smile

If you could, that’d be great!

Thanks, all of you for all the ideas. And for links! I would love to try to hear some of these Rebbetzins live, and not just on Torah Anytime!

binah40

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:58 am
Check out Shiviti Learning Center in Geula.
I went to a few classes. Rebetzin Yehudis is a fountain of knowledge and so relatable.
Her shiurim took place around her dining room table with a super diverse crowd. I just loved it.
https://shiviti.org.il/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions