Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Did you clean your apartment when you moved?
Previous  1  2

sunshine!

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 3:47 pm
When I moved, I left the place spotless. I hired a cleaning lady who scrubbed the walls and the toilets. THe new tenants moved in the day after we moved out and we had hakaras hatov to our wonderful landlord that we left the place like brand new.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:56 pm
seems like I'm one of a kind here, but I left my place in a pigsty LOL

I knew that they would be sending in a cleaning lady after I was gone, so I really did not put any effort into cleaning up.

and it didnt help that we were on pretty bad terms with our landlord.

OTOH, the people who left our new apartment apparently had to leave in a hurry, and had no time to clean it, so she gave me money and told me to get a cleaning lady at my own convenience which I thought was very thoughtful.

dora

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:06 pm
As the movers finished each room I picked up everything off the floor, there are always things that fall behind and under furniture, like coins, papers etc. Then I vacumed each room and swept the kitchen.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:16 pm
Twizzlers wrote:

I knew that they would be sending in a cleaning lady after I was gone, so I really did not put any effort into cleaning up.

and it didnt help that we were on pretty bad terms with our landlord.

OTOH, the people who left our new apartment apparently had to leave in a hurry, and had no time to clean it, so she gave me money and told me to get a cleaning lady at my own convenience which I thought was very thoughtful.
Twizzy, we also didn't do a thing in our apt because our landlord was pretty nasty. He didn't fix a single thing we asked.
We had leaky pipes, and he didn't want to fix them. The electrical wiring was horrible, and we couldn't run the washing machine if the computer and ONE air conditioner were on.

Once on erev shabbos the circuit breaker blew and I had to go to the (equally) nasty super to ask him to switch it. Instead he took me into the apt. right under us which was unoccupied and showed me a huge water stain on the ceiling and said this is because of us and no one wants to rent this apartment. Rolling Eyes If the landlord would've fixed our leaking pipe, you wouldn't have this problem.... Rolling Eyes

All in all, we weren't going to do anything extra for him, the way he never even did his basic responsibilities for us.

Besides, the building is so rundown that our apartment is still empty 2 years later. Nobody wants it.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:42 pm
We were not able to clean it as well as we would have liked, so we gave some money to our landlord to pay for it to be cleaned.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:57 pm
broom-clean ... empty house ... no pee on the toilets ... no grease on the ovens ... no scum in the sink ...

why is that so hard to consider - even if another person leaves an apt messy - why would you do that as well - doesn't reflect very good on oneself ... Confused

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 6:05 pm
Twizzlers wrote:

shock shock shock shock shock shock

If I had been taking your apt, I would not have found it funny at all.

I was only able to get a cleaning lady for 3 hrs. Do you know what she did in that time? Swept and did the windows. That's it! In a 2 BR apt. Why on earth did I have to pay to have her remove THEIR garbage? Clean the toilets, I understand.

I paid my cleaning lady for 3 hrs to scrub the bathroom, stove/oven and the fridge/freezer before we left.

It's called mentschlichkeit. I'm impressed with those who gave money for a cleaner instead.

I'm impressed with those who gave money

square_peg

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 6:42 pm
Funny, but I have NO idea... I was busy packing out here, the same time my husband was finishing packing up there!!

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 6:51 pm
pinktichel wrote:
Twizzlers wrote:

shock shock shock shock shock shock

If I had been taking your apt, I would not have found it funny at all.

I was only able to get a cleaning lady for 3 hrs. Do you know what she did in that time? Swept and did the windows. That's it! In a 2 BR apt. Why on earth did I have to pay to have her remove THEIR garbage? Clean the toilets, I understand.

I paid my cleaning lady for 3 hrs to scrub the bathroom, stove/oven and the fridge/freezer before we left.

It's called mentschlichkeit. I'm impressed with those who gave money for a cleaner instead.

I'm impressed with those who gave money

the LANDLORD was having a cleaning lady before the new tenants moved in. its standard procedure in rented buildings.

sarahd

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:59 am
[quote="Atali"]This is interesting, because in Australia it is part of the lease (in all four places that we lived in) that the house must be left absolutely spotless, meaning that the carpets must be professionally cleaned, ovens scrubbed, etc. If anything isn't done they take it out of the security deposit.[/quot

Ditto over here.

NativeMom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 8:21 pm
When we moved out of our apartment we vacuumed, mopped, cleaned out the fridge, the tub, the sinks...we went crazy....the truth is we were living in a condo owned by my in-laws so I sort of felt that I had to have the place spotless when we left

mummy

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 8:37 pm
I am moving tomorrow, but I kept the apartment for 2 more days to make sure it is clean. I won't say what it looks like now.

rowo

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 9:35 pm
it's part of the rent agreement to leave it clean.
cleaning agencies have a service called a 'vacating clean'
getting them in is much easier than doing it yourself.
but even if I know that an apt has to be left clean to a certain standard, I still had s/one come in to clean once we had it just to be sure.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating