Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do you spend monthly on babysitting at night?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:50 am
I'm curious what's a normal range to spend on babysitting at night when you go out to simchas, date night, PTA, mikvah, a shiur, night out with friends, etc. I'm not asking how much you spend during the day for child care while you're working or just to get the kids out of the house, just at night when going out for various activities.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:51 am
0$

I don’t go out at night unless my husband is home. We only go out together (few times a year) when my parents can babysit

In my area babysitting is 25$ an hour

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:52 am
$10-15
10 because she was a young girl, I think 8th grade..

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:57 am
0 cant afford it. Depending on situation I will sometimes leave my 12 year old with sleeping kids but thats it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:00 pm
15 shekel an hour. But for reference, I make around 48 shekel an hour from my job.

I don't go out that much.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:00 pm
Another vote for $0

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
15 shekel an hour. But for reference, I make around 48 shekel an hour from my job.

I don't go out that much.

Monthly? I'm guessing something like 30 shekel on average because I started sending my baby to a neighbor's 11 YO. She watches her for 10 shekel at her house. So I do that around once a week.

This past month, DD needed stitches and I needed the mikvah, so I did pay for a babysitter.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:02 pm
None because my younger sisters like babysitting for me BH BH BH.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:03 pm
$0. My DH does the babysitting
If we have a Simcha that we must attend out of town, then we would hire someone. But it happens maybe once a year.
Otherwise , for local simchos we take turns.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:05 pm
maybe 50-65$ a month.
my husband doesnt like to miss night seder and I like to go to a shiur twice a month. I pay 15$ an hour. and I usually go out 2 nights in the month

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:05 pm
$0. We have family who is happy to watch kids if I need a babysitter which is maybe like a few times a year. We almost never go out at night and if one of us needs to the other stays home.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:09 pm
I think I've hired a paid evening babysitter 3 times in the almost 4 years I've had kids.
Rarely do my husband and I go anywhere at night- we do home dates. I do conferences and back to school night alone generally.
Even weddings we only both go if it's family and then kids come too.

Admittedly one of my kids is a bit complicated medically so leaving her with a babysitter isn't so simple.

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:12 pm
$0 unless I absolutely need to. When needed it's between $10-$15 an hour so has to be a good reason to go out. We have had family members babysit and in exchange, they can use our computer/internet access (those are the arrangements my husband makes with his sibs since we live in his home city)

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:13 pm
twogees wrote:
$0 unless I absolutely need to. When needed it's between $10-$15 an hour so has to be a good reason to go out. We have had family members babysit and in exchange, they can use our computer/internet access (those are the arrangements my husband makes with his sibs since we live in his home city)

Meaning when theyre at your house they can use your wifi?

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:15 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Meaning when theyre at your house they can use your wifi?

Yes.

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:15 pm
I don't let any other babysitters use my internet

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:17 pm
Where I live I pay $12/hr which is the higher range. People pay $8.
Every month is different.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 1:06 pm
My husband and I almost never go out at the same time. Babysitters are $15 an hr and it's just not affordable on a regular basis. I go out about 3 or 4 nights a month.

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 1:34 pm
Never more than $100. Where I live, babysitters are $15-20/hr and we bH have a fair amount of simchas to go to. It doesn’t always work well to just switch off and we only have little kids that it isn’t worth keeping them up for. We also try to do a date night each month and it doesn’t always coordinate well timing wise with the family who would babysit for free. We’d never get a babysitter more than once a week or twice a month though unless it was family

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 11:16 pm
In my area, I pay $20/hr
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics