Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How much free time do you have per day?

How much free time do you have per day?
None  
 17%  [ 20 ]
0-30 minutes  
 8%  [ 10 ]
30 min - 1 hour  
 12%  [ 14 ]
1-2 hours  
 17%  [ 20 ]
2-3 hours  
 13%  [ 15 ]
3+ hours  
 29%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 112

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 6:51 pm
I work full time. The second I walk in the door at 5:30, I'm getting dinner ready. Then I need to do homework with kids. Then I usually need to do laundry, clean up dinner, etc. Get kids to bed. Get lunches ready for next day, clean kitchen/house and go to bed.

How much free time do you have per day/night?

If you have a lot of free time, is it because you stay up late?

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 6:53 pm
2-3 hours bec I work till 2:30, so I can do the homework dinner etc right away. Kids are in bed at 8/9 and I have free time till my bedtime at 11

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 7:07 pm
I'm a SAHM & my youngest, a toddler, is out for afew hours. So I technically have as much free time as I want yet no free time at all. I'm busy from when I wake up till I go to bed.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 7:23 pm
I have one kid that’s a very bad sleeper (not always, but consistently enough). I voted a half hour but really I feel like I’m 24/7 because of her.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:59 pm
I’m a SAHM, my youngest started school this year. Some days I’m very busy with housework, appointments for myself or the kids (dentist 😬) and had a rotating sick kid home for the past few weeks.
But many other days im not busy and I have free time.

Besides for that I do go to bed extremely late, so even when I worked I had free time. My kids are getting older, and the oldest has a 10pm bedtime. I feel like I can’t decompress from the supper/homework/bedtime rush until their all in bed. Then I need a few hours to chill out on my phone

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 10:31 pm
I have noticed that on the days when I don’t have enough free time, I end up staying up late on my phone in order to decompress. I usually regret it in the morning, but that uninterrupted me-time is just so delicious.

salt

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 1:41 am
Depends what you call free time.
Some people might say "now I have some free time I can put in a load in the washing machine" - you call that doing laundry.
Some people might say "I only go to bed at 11pm because between 10-11 I need to work out" - some people might say I have free time between 10-11 therefore I work out.

I personally have 'free time' at work, so that's where I make my phonecalls - I fit them in during my little coffee breaks at work.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:06 am
I have 3 kids oldest is still 3. I have about an hour of free time. Kids r all in bed by 7:30 then eat supper w husband then clean up and then starts my hour of free time since I need to go to bed early bc kids wake up very early. In bed by 9 most nights

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:24 am
One high school kid.
I have the entire evening free. I work full time. Evenings are for throwing a load in the dishwasher and laundry. But also for relaxing with a book or watching tv.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 8:08 am
None, I'm divorced with full custody (little kids) and I work while they are in preschool.

I have some time at work, or when my kids are playing, to surf the internet, but to me "free time" means at least half an hour where you can go somewhere by yourself, and I never have that.

I'm pretty happy though. I'm happier now than when I was single, living alone, had a lot of free time, but was so so lonely.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 8:14 am
I’m home all day with a baby who doesn’t nap and I run a business where I’m client facing pretty often. Dinner is made at some point before my husband gets home and baby goes in at 9:45 and then wakes up throughout the night. So I would say no free time 😅

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:07 am
I'm past that stage B"H but my "free time" used to be while commuting on the subway to and from work and around 4:00 in the morning when I got up till 6:00 when I left for work. Which doesn't mean that I lazed around, it just meant that I was at leisure to do what I needed to do without anyone calling my name or calling me on the phone or pulling at my skirts.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 12:56 pm
Not comprehending the idea of free time. It doesn't exist.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 1:03 pm
On a day where things go well haha my boys are all on the bus by 8:10 and I leave for work at 9. So that is my time to have my coffee, get dressed, eat breakfast make a phone call whatever I need. Its my time to my self. My work is just me and my boss and its pretty quiet which also fills my need for quiet and personal space.

When I get home my kids sometime want to help me with dinner etc sometimes they are doing their own thing I get pockets of time between getting home and bedtime but quiet nights are a thing of the past lol my oldest comes home from learning and wants to shmooze and use the computer in my room there is the shower arguments. So there goes that lol.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 5:30 am
What is the definition of free time?
my daily walk?
My never-ending list of things to do and me wasting time. you cant be productive 24 hours . I do waste time,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics