Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Whole communities are in mortal danger
1  2  Next

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 7:23 am
Why is it when 3 bochrum of dubious distinction are in trouble, women are arguing about taking on extra tznius and chumras.
Whole communities are in danger in Israel every second of the day, and I don't see that mentioned at all. Real live little boys and girls are being hurt or killed, as are teens, young adults, adults, bubbies and zeidies. Doesn't Yeshiva world have a page on this now and then?
Don't you want to do something extra for a segula for them?

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 7:26 am
Can we do both?
Could you think of an "extra" to take on that you think is appropriate for the communties in Israel under direct attack? Serious question.

Besides for coming here, which I think is the first choice, what could people take on, men and women perhaps, as a segula or tikkun (I think I pprefer tikkun) for the commumnities of Israe?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 7:33 am
Ok, for this bli neder I agree to take a (related) extra.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 7:36 am
But what? Buy Israeli? That's not hard for me naturally and so isn't really an extra. Tamiri you really had a great idea; what could we do?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 7:39 am
Buy Israeli I do. When we have the choice between two products, we take the Israeli. We've been doing that since I can remember.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 8:04 am
Buying Israeli merchandise is not going to help those communities. Direct funneling of money to organizations which deal with the areas affected is the way to go. Make sure that EVERY boy and girl has a safe and fun place to go for a couple of weeks this summer. I know that when I lived in the U.S. and could not afford summer camp for my own kids, I sent money to a camp run for victims of terror.
There, first suggestion that can make an actual difference in the life of someone innocent, who is in MORTAL DANGER every single day.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 8:56 am
Great idea Tamiri!

I would like to point out though that the difference between these boys and people that are at RISK of being hurt is that the boys are already in a very, very, very bad situation. I don't really want to turn this into a debate but if I had to choose ch"v I would prefer my kids to be in Sderot or Ashkelon and not a Japanese prison.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 8:59 am
My point is that no one mentions these thousands and thousands of Jews who are in real danger daily. Not a competition who is more in danger. Once one dies, it doesn't matter what calamity got them there. The point is to prevent it. And to prevent, there needs to be recognition.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:03 am
So it's great that you started a thread to wake people up.

Although, I posted an amazing ONE MINUTE movie by Aish, about Sderot and it barely got any views last time I looked. And maybe one comment Crying . Could it be that people just don't care?

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:04 am
here's the link of my thread:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....47756

And it's a 15 second movie.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:08 am
I was one who viewed it. I think that people find it easier to relate to three "bochrim" than whole communities. Maybe it's the wording. Maybe I should write WHOLE SHTEIBLACH FILLED WITH YIDDEN IN MORTAL DANGER to generate more comments.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:08 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I would like to point out though that the difference between these boys and people that are at RISK of being hurt is that the boys are already in a very, very, very bad situation. I don't really want to turn this into a debate but if I had to choose ch"v I would prefer my kids to be in Sderot or Ashkelon and not a Japanese prison.
I can't imagine that you would ever let your teenaged child accept a free international plane ticket, and money, for transporting any object, so it's very unlikely that one of your kids would wind up in prison for drug smuggling. There are some crucial pieces of information missing from this story.

I totally get Tamiri's point. So much distress over the situation with these boys, when so many other people are out there, suffering or in danger. Everyone is in agreement that the situation for the boys in the Japanese prison isn't good, and none of us would want to have a child there. But I think each and every one of us can think of terrible situations out there that would merit attention and some sort of act of generosity or prayer or something -- someone who is seriously ill, children growing up in abject poverty, people dealing with mental illness in their homes, people who have been widowed or orphaned. I could go on and on.

miriamnechama

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:09 am
maybe we should do somethinmg in thezechus also of the missing soldiers that heyw ill go one day free and alive, AND for jonathan pollard. don't they deserve freedom??

gilad shalit, eldad regev, ehud goldwasser, ron arad, zachary baumel, zvi feldman and yehuda katz, and all the rest of our soldiers in captive.

I would like to organise something after shabbos in their zechus.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:11 am
Or maybe people here feel more for the "innocent" (until proven guilty) bochrim than the guilty (until proven innocent) Israelis who live in the Land with the Zionistic anti-Jewish government that their Rabbis told them is assur. I just don't know.
Makes me wonder what REALLY went on when Jews were being murdererd by the millions.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:13 am
Clarissa wrote:
But I think each and every one of us can think of terrible situations out there that would merit attention and some sort of act of generosity or prayer or something -- someone who is seriously ill, children growing up in abject poverty, people dealing with mental illness in their homes, people who have been widowed or orphaned. I could go on and on.

Please do. What's stopping you?

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:13 am
They didn't have the media in those days that we have now. Now we know and see everything on our computer monitors and tv screens daily. I think alot of people really did not know about the gassings etc. Too horrible to be believed I think. In any event I see your point.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:14 am
Thank you ChossidMom and I am glad u got your computer back. Did you get the shakes?

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:16 am
Almost. But I also got alot more done LOL

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:16 am
ChossidMom wrote:
They didn't have the media in those days that we have now. Now we know and see everything on our computer monitors and tv screens daily. I think alot of people really did not know about the gassings etc. Too horrible to be believed I think. In any event I see your point.
Everyone I know knows about what's going on in Darfur, but most people, including me, do nothing.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 9:17 am
Eh, housework and family relations are over-rated shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed