Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
EBT emergency benefits ending in NJ
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:04 pm
I heard the are ending end of February. I’m so disappointed.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:06 pm
I just got the text from the lrrc. We are going to get next to nothing once it kicks in. Not sure what we will eat.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:09 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I just got the text from the lrrc. We are going to get next to nothing once it kicks in. Not sure what we will eat.

Same, we will go hungry. Crying

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:10 pm
COVID emergency benefits?

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:11 pm
Covid benefits.
And yeah, the pandemic is over so it makes sense the freebies are ending.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:12 pm
Maybe the grocery prices will finally drop.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:13 pm
amother Quince wrote:
Covid benefits.
And yeah, the pandemic is over so it makes sense the freebies are ending.

That doesnt make sense because Biden just extended the Covid Health Public Emergency so these benefits should still continue. Although, he also wants to end title 42 because the pandemic is over so nothing the biden administration does or says makes sense.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/1......html

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:13 pm
I really feel bad that you won't have money for food but I'm paying a boat load of money in taxes for this that should've ended 2 years ago IMO. I hope Hashem helps you to be able to pay groceries and not through other tax payers money

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:16 pm
If hospitals and doctors offices are still making people mask then you should still be getting benefits.
If they want to stop extra benefits then they should stop the masking.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
If hospitals and doctors offices are still making people mask then you should still be getting benefits.

Oh please

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
That doesnt make sense because Biden just extended the Covid Health Public Emergency so these benefits should still continue. Although, he also wants to end title 42 because the pandemic is over so nothing the biden administration does or says makes sense.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/1......html
Because nj voted that they should be able to end the extra benefits even if the health emergency is still in effect. I knew this was coming but it doesn’t make it easier. That money was a huge Bracha for us.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:20 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
I really feel bad that you won't have money for food but I'm paying a boat load of money in taxes for this that should've ended 2 years ago IMO. I hope Hashem helps you to be able to pay groceries and not through other tax payers money
Look at this years government budget and tell me what % of your taxes goes to my grocery bill. It’s a drop in the bucket. Don’t get so excited, my losing food money won’t make your tax bill go down.

But yes, Hashem will help. I wish I knew how.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:23 pm
Is this for NY as well?

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:23 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:

Tons of food is going to the trash on a daily basis because illegal aliens refuse to eat it as they live in their fancy four star hotel courtesy of American citizens who are paying taxes while struggling to put food on the table. Not sure why you would you be upset that American citizens have access to food as well.

I guess op and anyone else who needs food can go find it in the trash of the fancy hotels that illegal aliens get to live at for free, courtesy of American tax dollars, while rejecting tax paid food that American citizens need desperately. Sad that people like you are ok with paying for illegal aliens room and food (that they refuse to eat and gets trashed) but are upset that law abiding citizens get some money for food as well.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/.....lerts

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:26 pm
Its back to Englard driveway on Friday

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:30 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Its back to Englard driveway on Friday
What do they have? I thought it was just challah

out-of-towner

hh_uuamother Antiquewhite wrote:

I'm as anti masks as they come, but masking in doctors offices and hospitals actually makes sense and honestly should have been done as a matter of course years ago. The germs that go around in places like that aren't good for anyone, much less the immunocompramised people who tend to be in hospitals. True they probably don't do much to protect from Covid, but they probably provide some measure of protection against other illnesses.

amother
Oatmeal

amother Magnolia wrote:
Tons of food is going to the trash on a daily basis because illegal aliens refuse to eat it as they live in their fancy four star hotel courtesy of American citizens who are paying taxes while struggling to put food on the table. Not sure why you would you be upset that American citizens have access to food as well.

I guess op and anyone else who needs food can go find it in the trash of the fancy hotels that illegal aliens get to live at for free, courtesy of American tax dollars, while rejecting tax paid food that American citizens need desperately. Sad that people like you are ok with paying for illegal aliens room and food (that they refuse to eat and gets trashed) but are upset that law abiding citizens get some money for food as well.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/.....lerts

Did I EVER say I was ok paying for illegal aliens room and board?? Wow what a way to make assumptions!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
What do they have? I thought it was just challah

Last few weeks they had tons of peppers

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:35 pm
Contact toimchei shabbos. They give very generously
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics