Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
EBT emergency benefits ending in NJ
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:56 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Ive seen this sort of post a lot here. Its very ignorant. Do you really think that this end to ebt benefits will make your taxes go down? Theres a budget and your taxes will continue to go up every year. Id much prefer to feed the poor then to pay into vaccines and such.

Maybe it will encourage people to work which will contribute to economic growth. And yes, some people who get ebt work...but many don't.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:56 am
amother Bisque wrote:
I know a family that between both parents they only work 3 hours a day because they are getting so much with food stamps, wic and chs. I guess they will actually have to go to work now…
You need to work at least 20 hours a week to get chs

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:57 am
amother Catmint wrote:
You need to work at least 20 hours a week to get chs

32 hours in NJ

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:08 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
32 hours in NJ

Are you sure?
Because I know a lot of people getting CHS who work 9-3/9-1 on Fridays which is only 28 hours a week.

But the bigger problem is that CHS is available when either parent is in school ft, but there's no limit, no requirement of seriousness.
It just means that men can claim CHS for 25 years, while learning but in reality they're spending more time in the coffee room, taking breaks (I know these men).
I'm not ok with the neverending, indefinite student allowances.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:11 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
Are you sure?
Because I know a lot of people getting CHS who work 9-3/9-1 on Fridays which is only 28 hours a week.

But the bigger problem is that CHS is available when either parent is in school ft, but there's no limit, no requirement of seriousness.
It just means that men can claim CHS for 25 years, while learning but in reality they're spending more time in the coffee room, taking breaks (I know these men).
Chs is 20 hours a week for those already on the program. When you apply you need to be working more hours but once on the program they will let you cut your hours and stay on as long as you’re above 20 hours.

Yes they do count BMG as full time school so these guys all qualify. I was disagreeing with the person who said her neighbors work 3 hours a day and get chs. That doesn’t make sense.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:14 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
Are you sure?

Actually 30 hours

Must be working full time (30 hours or more per week), attending school full time (12 credits or more), or in job training at least 20 hours per week
https://childcareconnection-nj.....t-741

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:41 am
amother Catmint wrote:
Chs is 20 hours a week for those already on the program. When you apply you need to be working more hours but once on the program they will let you cut your hours and stay on as long as you’re above 20 hours.

Yes they do count BMG as full time school so these guys all qualify. I was disagreeing with the person who said her neighbors work 3 hours a day and get chs. That doesn’t make sense.

Yes, the husband is in bmg so that must be how they are on chs (and every single program)
They told me that they have such an over abundance of free milk from wic that they end up spilling it out. Milk is $3.29 these days and I’m paying for it.
I do think that the ebt program was giving an excessive amount to the point that it’s unfair to those who get nothing.
My daughter told me that a “poor” girl in her class has been bringing $10 prepared salads for lunch every day. That means that the family has way more than they need for food from ebt.
You really can’t deny that people were getting a ridiculous number.
They will still get but at a fair rate.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:01 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Yes, the husband is in bmg so that must be how they are on chs (and every single program)
They told me that they have such an over abundance of free milk from wic that they end up spilling it out. Milk is $3.29 these days and I’m paying for it.
I do think that the ebt program was giving an excessive amount to the point that it’s unfair to those who get nothing.
My daughter told me that a “poor” girl in her class has been bringing $10 prepared salads for lunch every day. That means that the family has way more than they need for food from ebt.

Why she didn't give you the extra milk?

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:

its legally not allowed

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:09 pm
Of course it's legal to donate the extra milk. You just aren't allowed to sell it.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:

We don’t live very close to each other.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
We don’t live very close to each other.

The woman could have donated it to her neighbors or even a day care center.

Donate to any food pantry

Or why did she take extra that she couldn't use in the first place?

I think the point is that it is terrible that anyone would deliberately spill good nutritious food rather than find someone or some organization that could use it. There are many people who could use it as milk is an excellent food source for most people.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:00 am
Do you remember the boxes last summer
Almost every corner of Forest ave had cases of milk spoiling in the sun

GLUE

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:40 am
The price of food in the store is not because your neighbor has to much food stamps, but because Hashem wants it to be hi. We have to daven that the price will fall, because if Hashem wants the price to fall nothing in the world can stop the price from falling.

Stop looking at what other people have in their shopping carts. The excessive amount of SNAP benefits has generated a lot of Chessed, with many people sponsoring the Shul kidush, has people paying their relative's food bill among others.

Which mindset is better?

-Please Hashem I need money to pay for food, please send me money or something else so I can buy food.

-Hashem I have little money to buy food, please take away Chana food stamps so she can also feel my pain.

While I don't think anyone really davens like the 2nd one. The way some of the comments on this thread went that's what it sounded like.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:15 am
amother Bisque wrote:

First of all you’re wrong, not all of us will get but at a fair rate. There is a very complicated formula for figuring out food stamps and I will be getting next to nothing once this kicks in.

Second most people don’t send their kids to school with $10 salads

Third what is a poor girl?? Why does your daughter know the financial situation of a classmate? That’s bizarre.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:25 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Do you remember the boxes last summer
Almost every corner of Forest ave had cases of milk spoiling in the sun

Because when something is free, people don't appreciate it. I see it all the time. When it gets taken away and/or they have to pay-- people notice it, appreciate it, and don't waste it.
I work in a medicaid organization... (not the government, we accept it). Those clients who have Medicaid waste supplies, expect the world, don't appreciate it. Dont show up... we get the most ridiculous complaints. We also get cash payers. They try to utilize services, show up on time, fewer absenteeism...
Obviously there are exceptions. But yeah, when you pay- you respect it more.
I worked previously at a sliding scale clinic. Those who had to pay say $10 participated and had less no shows than those who had their services paid for by the state through a specific program (not medicaid). They weren't paying...

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 2:59 am
No one will be getting any tax dollars back or reduced. It will just go to illegals or Ukraine or to help with some liberal adgenda. We are all going to be paying for this administration’s budget over the next bunch of years anyway, we might as well get some benefits.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:03 am
I fargin everybody their EBT benefits 100%, but it has suddenly become clear to me why we have had a labor/babysitting/morah shortage....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:29 am
I live in a RED state so please ignore what I’m about to say if this is not true.
EVERYONE- had/has an abundance of bread and milk
No one is going to starve
You may be tired of it and it’s not the healthiest, but you and your children won’t starve

It’s time to reintroduce a little creativity with cheap foods.
Cheapest beans and rice or pasta
Milk from the abundance every one said they have.

I did not receive ANYTHING during COVID - but B”H HASHEM has been very genorous.
Many that I know got extra funds, saw this coming.
They stocked up on freezable and non perishable proteins and used it sparingly
I know ppl that still have chicken in the freezer, from 1 yr ago.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:42 am
notshanarishona wrote:
No one will be getting any tax dollars back or reduced. It will just go to illegals or Ukraine or to help with some liberal adgenda. We are all going to be paying for this administration’s budget over the next bunch of years anyway, we might as well get some benefits.

My life and safety is not an American “liberal agenda.” We’re grateful to everyone who helps, but considering we’re standing between a genocidal maniac and the rest of the world, it’s only natural to support us. They completely destroyed a high-rise apartment building in Dnipro with rockets yesterday. Rescuers worked all day and all night to dig survivors out of the rubble and are still working. Many people were killed. Some are still screaming. Btw Dnipro has the biggest Jewish community in Ukraine. So no, stopping putin is not a “liberal agenda” and seeing world events in terms of American dualistic politics is ridiculous.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics