Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When you do reach out to babysitters?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:08 pm
BH we just found out we’re expecting. The first thing I thought to do after calling my doctor was to reach out to babysitters. Unfortunately I don’t have the option to stay home so will need full time care from 6-12 weeks on. Our community has two high quality babysitters for infants and competition is high. My husband thinks I’m nuts. He doesn’t want the babysitters to be the first to know, but I don’t want to miss the chance to have a babysitter I trust. Last time we waited and the only person who would take our baby was the one who literally never says no and has a house full of kids.

So - what do you do? How long before you need care do you reach out? Before baby is born if you’re sending immediately after maternity leave? What is the competition for babysitters like where you live?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:21 pm
I live in lakewood. I was told by many people to call before the baby is born. I called about 5-6 people and they all thought I was nuts they told me call after the baby is born. within the week after my baby was born I called again and was told to call 2 weeks before I want to send. BH I didnt have an issue finding.

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:23 pm
I wanted one particular amazing daycare affiliated with my workplace so I put my baby on waitjng lair when I was about 18 weeks. I wasn’t even showing yet. It was the right thing to do

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:31 pm
You know what the options are, I would say reach out after the first trimester, in some places that's what you need to do.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:32 pm
If you’re looking for CHS daycares then definitely get on a list. Otherwise you can always find openings in groups. I’m on 3 different WhatsApp groups and there’s constantly openings for newborns.

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:43 pm
I would not call before 12 weeks pregnancy. After that maybe. It’s hard to know what the protocol is in your community.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:15 pm
amother Purple wrote:
If you’re looking for CHS daycares then definitely get on a list. Otherwise you can always find openings in groups. I’m on 3 different WhatsApp groups and there’s constantly openings for newborns.

What is CHS? Is that just legal daycares? We have no legal frum daycares where I live - only private groups.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:16 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
I would not call before 12 weeks pregnancy. After that maybe. It’s hard to know what the protocol is in your community.

I’m not asking what I should do, I’m just curious what the daycare situation is like in other places and what other people do.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:36 pm
amother Purple wrote:

Are those groups specifically for finding babysitting groups/playgroups? If you live in Lakewood, would you share those groups with me at dinaaltman777@gmail.com?

I would so appreciate it!

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:38 pm
My peace of mind would depend on this. I truly cannot work if I’m leaving my child in the care of someone who just won’t give them proper care. I would call. Probably after the first trimester though

amother
Whitewash

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:55 pm
I wanted someone specific. I was due in December and paid since September for her to hold my slot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics