Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What does your 4 year old son play with?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:20 am
He’s not interested in any toys. I have clicks, magnatiles, legos, playmobil, cars and trucks … nothing going. He’s always bored and destructing the house.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:21 am
My son enjoys the kitchen center, dolls/doll stroller/accessories, he likes to color and do crafts, play dough, trampoline while listening to music or a story.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:45 am
Magnetic boards where everything is inside a case and you pull the colored bead to the correct place to form a picture
Or you make your own design
https://www.lakeshorelearning......D_BwE

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:47 am
Mine loves drawing (colored pencils on paper, whiteboard w/markers, regular markers), painting, reading, playing instruments, blowing shofar, playing board/card games, cleaning (spraying and scrubbing) and listening to music and dancing.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:50 am
Get those toys that are meant to be taken apart and rebuilt. Like this https://www.lakeshorelearning......R201/ Get an indoor climbing gym https://ezplaytoys.com/collect.....-gyms

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:52 am
Stickers, paper, scotch tape, glue.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:10 am
My 4.5 year old son is over playing with simple toys. He now prefers puzzles, board games, crafts, and helping in the kitchen (including cutting, peeling and "washing dishes).

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:11 am
My patience

theoretical62

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:19 am
coloring, crafts, sensory bins. Try rotating out your toys, so put some away for a while and reintroduce one at a time after 2 weeks or so...

ETA- sensory bin can be filling container w raw beans/pasta/chickpeas or the like and putting in little trucks... doesn't have to be too fancy

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:39 am
kinetic sand to play w his tractors on table (w plastic tablecloth to keep the sand from getting all over.)
cozy coop to drive around.
I tell my son if he plays nicely I'll read him a book that usually works.
when I make pizza/challa dough I give him a little piece he loves it and keeps him entertained for a while.

meeze

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:51 pm
Same here. My son 4.5yo is done with playing with simple toys. He loves memory games, sensory play with sand or beans with trucks/tractors.

Playdough cutting scissors and plastic knives to cut playdough pizza.

Mopping floors and spraying water on walls.
Vacuum

I cut up colored straws and he has to follow a pattern that I layer out. He puts them in a long noodle in playdough as a stand

Folding laundry
Colored masking tape. Designing dining room floor as a highway with exits. Playing with trucks

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:07 pm
He may be bored of his toys. Like someone wrote, try hiding most of his toys then take one our every week or so he may be excited to play with them. Also crafts- I'm in love with crayola super washable markers. My kids write on themselves, the floor, table, cabinets etc & it comes off with 1 single wipe.
Play dough is great

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:09 pm
Put in climbing wall

And a horizontal ladder to cross with hands
(Monkey bars)

Mini trampoline
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics