Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is Starbucks kosher?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:28 pm
The coffee, the drinks, the vegetarian food?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:29 pm
https://www.star-k.org/article.....ucks/

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
The coffee, the drinks, the vegetarian food?

Stay away

life is fun

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:35 pm
Funny you ask.
Someone just told me last week they thought drinks were kosher (in Uk), cholov akum buy apparently its oy in USA, not in UK.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:56 pm
Only in the UK it's kosher?

cupcake123

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 6:58 pm
Ask a rabbi but I heard only cold brew is kosher so that what I get

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 7:00 pm
Americano in the UK?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 7:00 pm
I've only ever ordered a plain dark coffee called an Americano and added milk and Splenda. And bought a packaged Kind bar with that.

Follow the Star K link. It's very complicated and only a few items with specific limitations are ok.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 7:19 pm
No

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:44 am
amother Aconite wrote:
Only in the UK it's kosher?

I believe not kosher. If in doubt do without.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:24 am
Starbucks do sell packaged cold coffee drinks and other packaged items, many have an OU.

I found cold pumpkin spiced lattes in target that I loved, and managed to find some that weren't refrigerated yet that I took back to Israel with me.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:54 am
It really depends on so many factors. Me personally, I get an ice chai latte which is just a chai syrup and milk. Also I get some sugar free vanilla syrup in there and all those ingredients are kosher. So I have no problem.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:10 am
singleagain wrote:
It really depends on so many factors. Me personally, I get an ice chai latte which is just a chai syrup and milk. Also I get some sugar free vanilla syrup in there and all those ingredients are kosher. So I have no problem.

Milk isn't.

My rav did some serious digging into Starbucks. He usually trys to find reasons to be matter things. He come out saying there are so many issues that are not ok with Starbucks, people are Literally drinking trif. From the Equipment that they use to the ingredients are so problematic.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:13 am
Milk? All milk in us is kosher. Do u mean not cholov yisroel?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:17 am
In the UK you can get a coffee in a paper cup, with soya milk, as far as I know. But you have to make sure they don't mix it with a metal utensil!

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:18 am
Think dishwashers
Heat
Equipment
Mamash trief

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:20 am
The only drink we get is an americano but my husband saw them use a metal cup recently and he doesn't want to go anymore.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:37 am
amother Dill wrote:
Milk isn't.

My rav did some serious digging into Starbucks. He usually trys to find reasons to be matter things. He come out saying there are so many issues that are not ok with Starbucks, people are Literally drinking trif. From the Equipment that they use to the ingredients are so problematic.

According to Rav Moshe, I can drink chalav Ha'companies in the USA bc of the USDA.

Please don't assume I'm doing something wrong just bc it's not what you hold

Also all of my drinks are ice even in the winter and it goes right into a cup that is a disposable cup so there is no equipment issue.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:39 am
People just don’t know about the issues with Starbucks and they purchase drinks that are possibly treif without knowing. I wish people would be more educated about this.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:07 am
singleagain wrote:
According to Rav Moshe, I can drink chalav Ha'companies in the USA bc of the USDA.

Please don't assume I'm doing something wrong just bc it's not what you hold

Also all of my drinks are ice even in the winter and it goes right into a cup that is a disposable cup so there is no equipment issue.

When they make the coffee for your drink it's straight from the machine into your cup?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen