Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is Starbucks kosher?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Think dishwashers
Heat
Equipment
Mamash trief

While I don’t drink coffee and I am way to cheap to go into a Starbucks anyway, you do know there is a difference between something not being kosher and something being “Mamish Traif”

imaamy

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:29 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't get coffee. I get a cold chai latte and yes it is directly into the cup.

They don’t use a long metal spoon to stir it?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:46 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Check in small makolets and convenience stores (not chains).
I’m the Gush I’ve seen them at Big Deal (which is no longer in its classic form) and Tal Cake.
I’d feel uncomfortable buying this item in a store that sells non-kosher products as well.
They’re expensive too.

Im sure they are. I mean it would probably be a treat.

Concerning seven eleven and selling non kosher products, is it any different than going to the zoo in Jerusalem that is open on shabbos? Is eating non kosher worse than being mechalel shabbos?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
While I don’t drink coffee and I am way to cheap to go into a Starbucks anyway, you do know there is a difference between something not being kosher and something being “Mamish Traif”

Isn't the definition of non kosher treif?

I don't think we know what issurim are worse than others. Is it eating bugs or using Starbucks keilim?

Mamish is just being used to show her point.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Remember that in Israel the manufacturing of Bamba is considered essential....
Sez who?

keym

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:48 pm
Im not a coffee person much myself.
But my husband commutes 1-1 1/2 hours each way, driving, no public transportation.
He told me that the Starbucks off the GSP at 5:45pm are mobbed with professional workers, truckers and many other commuters that need the coffees to drive home safely.
They left the office thinking they were ok but got drowsy driving.

I shudder to think what would happen if all the coffee shops close, to the many, many, many Americans across the country who drive more than 45 minutes away to their job and don't have access to any public transportation.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:53 pm
keym wrote:
But my husband commutes 1-1 1/2 hours each way, driving, no public transportation.
He told me that the Starbucks off the GSP at 5:45pm are mobbed with professional workers, truckers and many other commuters that need the coffees to drive home safely.

I shudder to think what would happen if all the coffee shops close, to the many, many, many Americans across the country who drive more than 45 minutes away to their job and don't have access to any public transportation.

That's kind of sad so many people can't function or drive safely without coffee.

I really don't get it.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:53 pm
Many factors to me considered, including what else is sold at that specific Starbucks establishment, how they wash the espresso machines, how they wash their dishes. There was a write up on it in one of the magazines by a mashgiach who actually went behind the scenes in various starbucks and came away saying that in some places it might be ok, but that since things are constantly changing at these places (adding foods to their menu, or methods of washing equipment) that it's better to stay away because yes, in some stores, even buying a plain dark coffee can result in drinking treifus mamesh.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:55 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Sez who?

"...on March 27, 2003, the Knesset declared Bamba a vital staple food, meaning that workers at the Bamba factory in Holon would receive call-up orders to produce Bamba, just like soldiers. "We see the Bamba factory as vital, just like a bakery," said then-Labor Ministry official Nahum Eido."

https://www.jpost.com/features.....srael

keym

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:57 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
That's kind of sad so many people can't function or drive safely without coffee.

I really don't get it.

After an 8,9 hour workday, you really don't get it? Or a trucker who's been driving 6 consecutive hours and needs the caffeine burst to continue?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:27 pm
imaamy wrote:
They don’t use a long metal spoon to stir it?

No. They pour directly from the chai into the cup and the sugar-free vanilla into the cup and the milk into the cup. And why do I have to explain myself to you? Why can't you just assume that I'm doing something according to halacha.

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:41 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I do travel to non chareidi areas decently often. I've been all around tel Aviv, never seen it. Maybe the new seven eleven will have. Still haven't gotten the confirmation the slurpies are kosher or not.

There's a store in Sarona that sells bottled Starbucks drinks and also a candy store in Azrieli Modiin in the food court.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
People just don’t know about the issues with Starbucks and they purchase drinks that are possibly treif without knowing. I wish people would be more educated about this.

The bottom line for EVERYONE frum should be, even if there’s the tiniest doubt, which there is more than a tiny one in this case, IS IT WORTH IT? Possibly drinking from tarfus?

Is there really an emergency to have their coffee that it’s worth the risk to your neshama? Tarfus is metamtem the lev and no simple matter to fix.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:45 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Can someone please explain what is so appealing to buy from an establishment where some items are kosher and some are not. I imagine a river of treif and in the river there are stepping stones to the other side and stepping stones are kosher.
Is Starbucks the only place you can get coffee from in America? No, I wouldn't think so.

And it’s crazy overpriced but it’s the ‘in’ fad so some people feel good just going in there.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:46 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
"...on March 27, 2003, the Knesset declared Bamba a vital staple food, meaning that workers at the Bamba factory in Holon would receive call-up orders to produce Bamba, just like soldiers. "We see the Bamba factory as vital, just like a bakery," said then-Labor Ministry official Nahum Eido."

https://www.jpost.com/features.....srael

Can't Believe It

Ruchi

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:47 pm
mamaleh wrote:
This seems to be a great site but people should be aware that Rabbi Abadi, shlita, (the rav of LKO, which the website seems to endorse/follow) has some controversial opinions when it comes to kashrus and it seems this website might be following his shitos. I’m not saying not to use it or that it is a problem to follow Rabbi Abadi. I just want people to be aware that they should ask their own posek/rav before blindly following someone else’s psak.

That's good advice.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:50 pm
keym wrote:

Coffee in a thermos flask ! Keeps hot for literally hours.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:00 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
The bottom line for EVERYONE frum should be, even if there’s the tiniest doubt, which there is more than a tiny one in this case, IS IT WORTH IT? Possibly drinking from tarfus?

Is there really an emergency to have their coffee that it’s worth the risk to your neshama? Tarfus is metamtem the lev and no simple matter to fix.

This

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:06 pm
essie14 wrote:
There's a store in Sarona that sells bottled Starbucks drinks and also a candy store in Azrieli Modiin in the food court.

Was actually in sarona quite recently. Do you know what store?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:47 pm
Regarding the Uk, from isitkosher.Uk (which is run by the London Beth din) :

Coffee Shops (Starbucks, Costa, Caffe Nero etc)
It is always preferable to purchase hot drinks from a kosher supervised establishment, but if this is not possible, it would be permitted to have plain coffee in a disposable cup from any coffee shop, provided that the coffee and water come from a machine which does not dispense any liquid other than water or plain coffee. One may add cold milk or plain soya milk from its original container. Hot water, coffee, and hot or frothed milk from jugs is better avoided.
Smoothies, whipped toppings, and beverages such as frappuccinos and hot chocolate etc are not permitted. Starbucks Coffee Syrups are no longer KLBD Certified.
Starbucks Refresha Drinks Cool Lime, Strawberry Acai and Pink Coconut contain grape juice and are Not Kosher.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen