Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
To the wife of my son's rebbe
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:33 am
To the wife of my son's rebbe,
I don't know you and you don't know me, but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your husband is such an amazing person, a malach that has stepped in and been there for my son when he needed it most. He has spent hours with us on the phone, he has spent hours talking to DS, he's taken him out to eat, smiled at him when he comes in the classroom, spent time going over the gemara (yet again), given him a hug when he needed it most, and I'm sure many other things that we don't even know about. We literally don't know where we'd be without him.

And I know all this has come at the expense of time with your family. I have written him thank you notes and bought gifts, but none of that can really can come close to expressing the hakaras hatov we have. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing him with us Heart

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:45 am
I hope you sent this to her.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:21 am
How's special of you.
Next gift for the wife, or a gift she would enjoy too, for the home.
May you have much nachas from your boy.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:32 am
My uncle did a lot for bochurim and his wife would receive gifts from some parents

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:59 am
amother OP wrote:
I don't know you and you don't know me, but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your husband is such an amazing person, a malach that has stepped in and been there for my son when he needed it most. He has spent hours with us on the phone, he has spent hours talking to DS, he's taken him out to eat, smiled at him when he comes in the classroom, spent time going over the gemara (yet again), given him a hug when he needed it most, and I'm sure many other things that we don't even know about. We literally don't know where we'd be without him.

And I know all this has come at the expense of time with your family. I have written him thank you notes and bought gifts, but none of that can really can come close to expressing the hakaras hatov we have. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing him with us Heart

During covid my sons class learned in the rebbes house. For y"t I sent the wife a gorgeous gift with a beautiful note.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:12 am
amother OP wrote:

you should send this to her!
You don't even need to write your name but as a wife of a rebbe you have no idea what it can do!

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 8:43 am
That’s so sweet
Yes we should thank the wives of the rabbeim, Ravs, etc.
When they help us it’s at the expense of helping their family

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:18 am
My brothers class once collected money before purim to give a gift for their rebbi. They called the rebbi's wife to ask her what would be a good gift for him. She said a food processor. Rolling Laughter
That's what they got him! All wrapped up!

Eta- Nice of you to appreciate her. I'm a teacher and here and there if my director sees my husband (if picks something up for me from her... or when I went to take her mm on purim...) she would go to the car and tell my husband how much they appreciate my work and positive feedback.... It's so special of her. It makes my husband realize that I have a real job, not some hobby lol and makes him supportive of what I do.

Winterb

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:24 am
Call her! Rebbeim’s wives are very often the unsung heroes in chinuch. These kind words mean so much to them and often give them tremendous chizuk. You will make her day. Call her!

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:27 am
amother Yolk wrote:
you should send this to her!
You don't even need to write your name but as a wife of a rebbe you have no idea what it can do!

I signed my name. I wasn't embarrassed. I was so thankful. All I was able to think about is this wife cleaning the bathroom after 25 boys have been learning in her dining room for 3 hours.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:44 am
as a wife of a Rebbe I can say this

every note
every verbal expression of thanks
no matter how fleeting
no matter if it was written on a simple scrap paper

goes a very long way

my husband loves what he does and calls his talmidim 'my kids' [he will say at the shabbos table - listen to this vort I told my kids] but it does wear him down some days
what keeps him from falling apart are the well-wishers

of course monetary tips are helpful and go far in terms of lightening the financial aspect of things
but what fuels the fire is knowing that the parents / grandparents / caregivers* [I dont mean all of them should - I mean whoever is involved with the kid] appreciate the efforts invested

Highstrung

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:46 am
When one of my sons was in 9th grade, one of his rebbeim became his chavrusa in the morning before yeshiva started , free of charge, never asked for a dime. He did this purely out of the goodness of his heart. This took place in his home twice a week and his wife would prepare a breakfast for both her husband and my son. She was a mother with a bunch of little kids that needed to get out the door in the morning , yet she took this time to do this for my son. My son only told me about this years later . And we are not talking about a buttered bagel or a bowl of cereal. This was a salad , cut up fruit , eggs, cheese and bread.
Yes, the wives behind these amazing melamdim need to be honored more.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:57 am
A good friend of mines husband is a long time rebbe. She loves to hear good things but she does try to keep some boundaries because it can get awkward in a mid size community where her friends kids have her husband and may be having different issues she doesn't want to know about. I would give the letter to the rebbe and he can give it to his wife.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:12 am
I don't live in the same state as the rebbe, have never met him or his wife and would feel completely awkward reaching out to her TMI
I wrote this here for all the wives of rebbeim that are on this forum to see how much you're appreciated, even if you're not always being told

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:18 am
amother OP wrote:
I don't live in the same state as the rebbe, have never met him or his wife and would feel completely awkward reaching out to her TMI
I wrote this here for all the wives of rebbeim that are on this forum to see how much you're appreciated, even if you're not always being told

I never met my sons rebbes wife either. I have no idea what she looks like. I ordered a gift, had it delivered with a note. Why do you feel awkward?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:50 am
Quote:
I never met my sons rebbes wife either. I have no idea what she looks like. I ordered a gift, had it delivered with a note. Why do you feel awkward

I have also given gifts with notes, but nothing so personal just to the wife

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:03 pm
I see the wife of my son's rebbe occasionally while I walk to work.

I really should say something. It is always nice to get warm regards, especially after shana reshona.
No one thinks to say anything, but compliments really go a long way.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 9:08 am
As the wife of a Rebbe I really want to echo with e/o else said..
Please send it to her - you don't even realize how much it would mean to her.
As much as I know what an amazing job my husband is doing, at times when he does extras outside of his regular hours it's hard to share him. (esp since he works another job in addition to being a rebbe to help supplement the income)

If you live in another state and no chance of bumping into her I don't see the reason to feel awkward. (If you still feel uncomfortable, send without your name so she doesn't need to know who it is but will still feel appreciated..)

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 9:37 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
My brothers class once collected money before purim to give a gift for their rebbi. They called the rebbi's wife to ask her what would be a good gift for him. She said a food processor. Rolling Laughter
That's what they got him! All wrapped up!

Eta- Nice of you to appreciate her. I'm a teacher and here and there if my director sees my husband (if picks something up for me from her... or when I went to take her mm on purim...) she would go to the car and tell my husband how much they appreciate my work and positive feedback.... It's so special of her. It makes my husband realize that I have a real job, not some hobby lol and makes him supportive of what I do.

This. My husband met my principal once or twice and she raved about me. It felt good 🙈

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 10:30 am
I would find her phone number and give her a call.
I’m happy for you OP
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics