Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Keeping food warm Friday night in a whirlpool oven

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:46 pm
I used to leave my food for the Friday night meal in the oven on low for two hours and after two hours the oven would give a couple of long beeps (letting me know that it was turning off I guess?) and then turn off.
I just got two new ovens both whirlpool (my old one was a Maytag) and when I tried the same thing it kept beeping EVERY sixty seconds once it turned off until it finally drove us so crazy that we got a non Jewish neighbor to open the door (which turned it off. We had taken the food out already before it started beeping/turned off).
Anyone know of any workarounds for a ge oven that will allow me to use. It for just a couple of hours but not then beep incessantly? What does everyone else with ge ovens do?
Thank you!

momomany

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:55 pm
Instructions hould be in the manual. If you do not have the manual; just Google your oven's model number and manual and it will allow you to print the instruction manual. Look up Sabbath mode and it will tell you how to set your oven to be on for a certain amount of time and then go off with no noises.

new oldie

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:56 pm
Is it a single oven or a double oven? Can you get the Shabbos switch?

momX4

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 5:59 pm
Download the manual for your oven. The full manual, not the one that comes with the oven.

https://www.geappliances.com/g.....09848

Print out the shabbos mode.

I use it weekly. I select the temp, then the hours and then Start. It keeps the food hot and goes off. No beeping.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 6:24 pm
Okay so embarrassing but when I went to check for my model number etc it turns out I have a whirlpool and not ge oven Can't Believe It

Does everyone’s instructions (putting it on shabbos mode etc) work for whirlpool ovens as well?

momomany

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 7:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Okay so embarrassing but when I went to check for my model number etc it turns out I have a whirlpool and not ge oven Can't Believe It

Does everyone’s instructions (putting it on shabbos mode etc) work for whirlpool ovens as well?

you need to check out the manual for your specific make/model oven.

psa. its a good idea to buy appliances from a Jewish retailer who will give you info regarding which appliances have shabbos mode and which are problematic on shabbos/yom.tov

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 7:38 pm
momomany wrote:
you need to check out the manual for your specific make/model oven.

psa. its a good idea to buy appliances from a Jewish retailer who will give you info regarding which appliances have shabbos mode and which are problematic on shabbos/yom.tov

I did buy them from a large Jewish retailer. Does that mean I can assume there’s a workaround here (with shabbos mode or whatever) and I just have to find it?

momomany

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 7:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did buy them from a large Jewish retailer. Does that mean I can assume there’s a workaround here (with shabbos mode or whatever) and I just have to find it?

it's shabbos. I would not assume.anything.

new oldie

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 7:44 pm
Call the place where you got them they should be able to help. And if they can’t/won’t/don’t call town appliance. I matter where you live

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:44 pm
I actually bought them from town appliance. But I followed everyone's advice to search the manuals online and I think I'm good to go. Thank you all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen