Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you cards

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:25 am
Can someone please help me what to write for a baby gift?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:28 am
I was thinking of something like thank you so much for (joining in our Simcha and) for such a beautiful gift. We’re looking fwd to bez”H enjoying it.
May we continue sharing many more simchas together iy”H!
From the ____________
Does it make sense?
I’m open to any suggestions/comments
Tia

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:47 am
What you have is perfect

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:55 am
singleagain wrote:
What you have is perfect

Thanks so much… thought it may sound a little petty.. I appreciate it

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:56 am
Why petty? I see nothing petty about it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:00 am
singleagain wrote:
Why petty? I see nothing petty about it.

K thanks… and makes sense for monetary gifts as well? Thought it does cuz obviously I’ll use it for my baby

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:05 am
For monetary gifts just leave out the "we look forward to using it" line and change the word beautiful to generous in the line before

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:13 am
singleagain wrote:
For monetary gifts just leave out the "we look forward to using it" line and change the word beautiful to generous in the line before

Right so then it’s really short… thank you so much for such a generous gift. May we share many simchas together bez”H… seems short… many gift givers didn’t join but rather just sent a gift so I wouldn’t write “thanks for joining in our Simcha”

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:17 am
Thank you very much for the beautiful/generous gift you kindly gave us on the occasion of the birth of our son/ daughter. It was so thoughtful of you.we look forward to enjoying him/her wearing it/playing with it. May we continue to always share simchas together iyH.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:54 am
amother Quince wrote:
Thank you very much for the beautiful/generous gift you kindly gave us on the occasion of the birth of our son/ daughter. It was so thoughtful of you.we look forward to enjoying him/her wearing it/playing with it. May we continue to always share simchas together iyH.

Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:17 pm
Does this make sense for monetary gifts?
Thank you so much for such a generous gift. It’s so thoughtful. We’re b”H enjoying the gift we bought for ____.
May we continue sharing many more simchas together bez”H!!
The ________

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does this make sense for monetary gifts?
Thank you so much for such a generous gift. It’s so thoughtful. We’re b”H enjoying the gift we bought for ____.
May we continue sharing many more simchas together bez”H!!
The ________

I don't think you need to include the we're enjoying the gift that we bought... You don't really need to say what you did with the money. I don't think most people care that much.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:01 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't think you need to include the we're enjoying the gift that we bought... You don't really need to say what you did with the money. I don't think most people care that much.

Disagree. It's very nice to let people know what you did with the money, whether you bought the baby an outfit or opened a 529 account for their college education. It's not essential that you do so, but it does personalize the note and gives the gift givers some nachas. Just don't tell them if you used it for something like paying the grocery bill. Most people like to think they got you something that lasts for a while, fondly imagining that you think of them every time you use it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:34 pm
singleagain wrote:

I’m not specifying the gift I bought. Just to make the card not look so short, I thought I can add we’re enjoying the gift we bought for ____ (I’d write my baby’s name

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 5:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not specifying the gift I bought. Just to make the card not look so short, I thought I can add we’re enjoying the gift we bought for ____ (I’d write my baby’s name

Absolutely. And it is a good idea to mention the baby's name in case they weren't notified or forgot. (Just don't write the note as if it came from the baby. Cutesie-poo shtick nauseates many people. )

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 6:01 pm
zaq wrote:

Absolutely. And it is a good idea to mention the baby's name in case they weren't notified or forgot. (Just don't write the note as if it came from the baby. Cutesie-poo shtick nauseates many people. )

Right, so to confirm this is what I’d write.
Dear _______
Thank you so much for such a generous gift. It’s so thoughtful! We’re enjoying/looking fwd to enjoy the gift we bought for _____.
May we continue sharing many more simchas together bez”H!!!
The _____

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 6:14 pm
amother OP wrote:

If the text is too small for the card, WRITE BIG or get smaller cards! Do not feel obligated to fill the whole thing up.

Your signature can be 4 lines lines:

Sincerely/Love,
Chaim and Chani
and
Baby Shprintzi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette