Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Did you toivel your pizza maker?
Previous  1  2

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:51 am
I toiveled the one I bought on overstock that didn't come with the notice it wasn't required. I didn't toivel the one I bought at bingo that did come with the notice from OK. (I have 2 because I keep one for pesach.)

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:52 am
I live in Israel and there's someone here who takes apart your appliance and put it back together again and it's considered that he's creating it so you don't need to toivel it.

I wonder if anyone in America does this.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 8:58 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
Do you trust that sign on the box?

I have seen appliances from China with an unknown hechsher from a Chinese rav. I doubt it's reliable. No one knows anything about him.

Ok I checked the box. Hechsher is from the OK.

I understood its like my urn, pans etc. Where the material was Yiddish owned throughout the entire process so does not need tevila.

Since you alerted me I'll call my rav as well.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 9:04 am
I got mine from bingo has a hechsher from OK no tevila required. I asked my rav he said don’t need to toivel OK is reliable (not some Chinese hechsher)

I know someone else her rav said toivel without a Bracha and then it didn’t work after toiveling so now that rav says don’t toivel

I had a sandwich maker that didn’t work after toiveling so I told my rav so he’ll know

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 9:23 am
Thanks. I’m in the Uk so it’s Domo not Betty Crocker. I guess il ask my rav as there does seem to be differences of opinion.

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:50 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
What?

Please don't!

Toiveling is required only where food will touch the appliance.

When a kli needs to be toiveled the entire kli must be submerged, not just the part that touches food - unless it can be disassembled or detached (like the blade of a food processor or removable plates of a waffle maker, etc). If the wire can't be detached then that's considered part of the kli.

bunchagirlies

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:39 am
I've purchased 4 betty crockers over the last bunch of years. toiveled all without an issue. just stood up on it's side and allowed to air dry that way over my stove for a day or 2.
I wash in in the sink all the time and dry it that way too. I don't get it fully submerged then, obviously, but water does get inside of it all the time. never had an issue.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:47 am
bunchagirlies wrote:
I've purchased 4 betty crockers over the last bunch of years. toiveled all without an issue. just stood up on it's side and allowed to air dry that way over my stove for a day or 2.
I wash in in the sink all the time and dry it that way too. I don't get it fully submerged then, obviously, but water does get inside of it all the time. never had an issue.

Thank you

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:48 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
What?

Please don't!

Toiveling is required only where food will touch the appliance.

My rav says that if youre toiveling something that has a wire attached you need to toivel the entire thing

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 6:51 am
I toiveled & used it in like a day, was totally fine.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:48 am
my rav said to toivel all appliances (not the wire). I've done it many times. given it a few days to dry well and they all worked fine.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:53 am
Yes. I let it’s dry for a day upside down.

Ruchi

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 8:50 am
amother Garnet wrote:
My rav says that if youre toiveling something that has a wire attached you need to toivel the entire thing

The entire thing minus the plug
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen