Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
ISO Lightweight strollers
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:45 pm
Does bulky matter?
Valco snap 4 I think it's called is an excellent option. Very light, pushes amazing, great basket but it x fold tiny.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 2:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have it? Are you happy with it?

I have it, so far very happy with it but using it with a car seat only until my baby is 3 months since I didn't get the bassinet.
It folds really nicely and sturdy for how little it weighs. It feels like great quality and the push is very smooth.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 2:45 pm
The issue I've found with most of the lightweight strollers is that between the small wheels and the compact design, they are really hard to push with an older child inside. They're fine in shopping malls, stores etc, but on uneven sidewalks etc, I find it really hard with my toddler. I didn't have an issue when he was small, but I'm noticing it more now.
I traded in my compact yoyo for a city mini and it's much easier to push.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:22 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
The issue I've found with most of the lightweight strollers is that between the small wheels and the compact design, they are really hard to push with an older child inside. They're fine in shopping malls, stores etc, but on uneven sidewalks etc, I find it really hard with my toddler. I didn't have an issue when he was small, but I'm noticing it more now.
I traded in my compact yoyo for a city mini and it's much easier to push.

I tried the cybex with a toddler in monsey. Up and down hills, unpaved roads. I loved it. Before I bought the butterfly I was considering the cybex. The 2 are very comparable. I ended up with the butterfly because based on the the research I did I was told that bugaboo gives much better service than cybex.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear

This is an example of the bar
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y.....ss_tl

Not all strollers come with it and I believe it is better to have...

Also for those that have strollers without footrest like (Joolz Aer), did you find your kids to sleep well in the stroller without it?

I am not using this stroller to put my kids to sleep, but if they do happen to do so, I want to make sure they're comfortable...

I have the joolz aer. I don’t mind no footrest. Although I think it doesn’t fold with the bar. The seat is wide and high but a bit narrow. I had my 70lb daughter who broke her foot in it (also holding baby) and it wheeled so good and didn’t break lol.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 3:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear

This is an example of the bar
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y.....ss_tl

Not all strollers come with it and I believe it is better to have...

Also for those that have strollers without footrest like (Joolz Aer), did you find your kids to sleep well in the stroller without it?

I am not using this stroller to put my kids to sleep, but if they do happen to do so, I want to make sure they're comfortable...
I actually bought the footrest for the aer. It was on sale and I figured it was important to have. I’m less worried about the bar. I found I didn’t end up using it with my old stroller. I don’t think it folds with the bar on either.

cookier

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you know anything about the inglesina quid? I was actually looking into that but don't know anyone who got it...

I read mixed reviews on Amazon about the cybex more recent models so it makes me hesitant...

Regarding the silver cross, I love the look and read good reviews. The only gripe is that the basket seems small- is that true?

No, I just saw the quid and the cybex on Google, but don’t know much about them.

The silver cross was in the running for us when we needed a travel stroller, along with the Minu and Mima Zigi. The basket on the Jet is smaller than the Minu but I didn’t feel like it would be problematically so.

I saw calendula recommended the Minu. I didn’t realize the v2 comes with a bar. In that case, I would hands-down recommend the Minu. It’s got a nice fold (it’s very fun to pop open), a good push and feels very sturdy. I checked out a Yoyo at the same time I bought the Minu and compared the Yoyo the Minu is built like a rock, but still very light. Good spacious seat, and reasonably sized basket. We can get our diaper backpack and an adult coat in it at the mall so I think it would fit two bags. The V2 also has an adjustable leg rest so you can make it flat. The only con I have about it is that the seat does’t sit more upright. That’s standard for fabric seats, but my DD is always leaning forward because she wants to be totally upright and looking around.

Editing to add a second con: the fabric isn’t machine washable, it’s all one piece with the seat and padding. Not sure how this is with others of the same type but I love that I can disassemble our bugaboo and wash the fabric. We have the light gray Minu and it’s starting to look a little bad.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:39 pm
Eek this making it so hard.

So actually Im adding in another factor... The material must be machine washable!

My kids BH make a mess with food in strollers and unfortunately am having an issue with my current full size stroller since I can't wash it since it's not removable and it has spots of mold on it Sad

So just to confirm the joolz aer and bugaboo butterfly are both machine washable?
How about the cybexs?

Do they also sit upright? It's not a must but want to know prior?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:40 pm
[quote="cookier"]
Editing to add a second con: the fabric isn’t machine washable, it’s all one piece with the seat and padding. Not sure how this is with others of the same type but I love that I can disassemble our bugaboo and wash the fabric. We have the light gray Minu and it’s starting to look a litquote]

Thanks for including this!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:41 pm
Do any other imas have the

Silvercross jet
Or
Inglesina Quid

And can weigh in on those?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 4:42 pm
cookier wrote:
No, I just saw the quid and the cybex on Google, but don’t know much about them.

The silver cross was in the running for us when we needed a travel stroller, along with the Minu and Mima Zigi. The basket on the Jet is smaller than the Minu but I didn’t feel like it would be problematically so.

I saw calendula recommended the Minu. I didn’t realize the v2 comes with a bar. In that case, I would hands-down recommend the Minu. It’s got a nice fold (it’s very fun to pop open), a good push and feels very sturdy. I checked out a Yoyo at the same time I bought the Minu and compared the Yoyo the Minu is built like a rock, but still very light. Good spacious seat, and reasonably sized basket. We can get our diaper backpack and an adult coat in it at the mall so I think it would fit two bags. The V2 also has an adjustable leg rest so you can make it flat. The only con I have about it is that the seat does’t sit more upright. That’s standard for fabric seats, but my DD is always leaning forward because she wants to be totally upright and looking around.

Editing to add a second con: the fabric isn’t machine washable, it’s all one piece with the seat and padding. Not sure how this is with others of the same type but I love that I can disassemble our bugaboo and wash the fabric. We have the light gray Minu and it’s starting to look a little bad.

Sorry, just to clarify, do you personally own the silver cross one?

cookier

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 5:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry, just to clarify, do you personally own the silver cross one?

No, sorry for the confusion. We looked seriously at both the Silver Cross Jet and the Uppababy Minu but ended up buying the Minu.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 5:53 pm
cookier wrote:

Interesting. I haven't had to wash the fabric yet but I assumed it was washable since it can be removed fully ( I have it off now when using it with a car seat)

cookier

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 6:25 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Interesting. I haven't had to wash the fabric yet but I assumed it was washable since it can be removed fully ( I have it off now when using it with a car seat)

No 😞

They’re hand wash or spot clean only. You can’t take the seat and back padding out, and it won’t fit in a washing machine with them in. I tried to soak and wash it in the bathtub and it helped a bit but not much. Then it took forever to dry because it can’t go in a dryer.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 6:27 pm
I’m surprised no one said the bugaboo bee. I love it and use it as my lightweight car stroller.

blueeyedtwin

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:04 pm
Uppababy Minu is great. I use the vista for walking and keep the minu in my car for car trips and for flying. Really compact and easy to deal with.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 7:27 pm
blueeyedtwin wrote:
Uppababy Minu is great. I use the vista for walking and keep the minu in my car for car trips and for flying. Really compact and easy to deal with.

I actually did see more great reviews on it but if it's not machine washable, it's not gonna work. ..

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I actually did see more great reviews on it but if it's not machine washable, it's not gonna work. ..
I’m pretty sure only the butterfly is machine washable. So if that’s your dealbreaker then I think go with butterfly.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:10 pm
Just opened my new butterfly today and I love it. I bought it for car and plane travel and it’s exactly what I needed. Between that and the yoyo (that for some reason is so much more popular where I live) I decided to go with the butterfly because of the one handed fold which is so convenient when you’re holding a baby in the other hand.
I have good experience with bugaboo, the bee has lasted me almost 11 years now so that was another factor. The fabric looks really comfortable and plush. I can’t wait to start using it I’m really excited.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:32 pm
Does it bother anyone that the butterfly seat doesn't go down further?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics