Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss journey - postpartum

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 9:59 pm
Does it irk you when influencers talk about their weight loss journey postpartum? And ask if you want to follow along with them? Like why is this a topic for public discussion? People are way too obsessed with their bodies. Do what you need to do to be healthy. But please. Don't broadcast it.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 10:12 pm
Doesn’t irk me at all! I appreciate it. I’m on my postpartum weight loss journey and I love to get support or healthy meal ideas from others.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 10:24 pm
Yeah that would bug me too but I would probably scroll past it or ideally, unfollow. That's definitely not what I want to see postpartum and really not at all.

I unfollowed a woman I went to college with because she kept posting about her weight loss journey--pictures of herself, of her meals, of how proud she was of herself. Seeing that kind of stuff doesn't lead to good feelings on my part. It's not even jealousy, it just would make me feel inadequate, which is a major problem with social media in general. I've been really careful about unfollowing people whose posts bother me and only following positive content and supportive groups and it's really helped me avoid those feelings.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 10:39 pm
I'm all for healthy eating and working out postpartum. But I feel like publicizing it is her trying to excuse her belly bulge a month after birth. Like relax. No one is judging you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise