Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
S/o Stories that were rejected by magazines
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 2:14 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
Cute ending!

And a grandmother calling Heshy and Shuey and Ruchy absolutely must be called Bubby, not Grandma!!!!

Good catch! 👍 I updated it.

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:32 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
Cute ending!

And a grandmother calling Heshy and Shuey and Ruchy absolutely must be called Bubby, not Grandma!!!!

I’ll add to this. A kid with siblings heshy and ruchy would be called shea, not Shuey!

Either way, great story, very entertaining

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 11:33 am
amother Maize wrote:
I’ll add to this. A kid with siblings heshy and ruchy would be called shea, not Shuey!

Either way, great story, very entertaining

You guys are good! I fixed it.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:31 pm
I understand why it was not published. It's pretty harsh on the mothers in law out there and the ending is not realistic. It's a sort of humorous read I guess but I didn't really gain anything from it . Not realistic story. Come on.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:41 pm
amother White wrote:
I understand why it was not published. It's pretty harsh on the mothers in law out there and the ending is not realistic. It's a sort of humorous read I guess but I didn't really gain anything from it . Not realistic story. Come on.

That is rather mean of you. What do you have against rats? They happen to be adorable 🐀🐁😜

amother
White

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:38 pm
I can tell the author is talented. But it's the content.

iluvy

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:40 pm
amother White wrote:

Lol it's not a realistic story. It's a funny story. Some of us like those.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:40 pm
Personally I love this thread. I would love to read more stuff that was rejected by magazines

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 1:51 pm
Op, I started a spinoff
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....98441

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 3:34 pm
amother White wrote:

No worries, it was never meant to be realistic! But I completely understand that humor is very subjective.

My mother in law is great, she would never act like this. In no way does this represent what I feel about mothers in law.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 3:35 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Op, I started a spinoff
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....98441

Cool, thanks! That’s what I was trying at here but hopefully you’ll have better luck.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 4:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Cool, thanks! That’s what I was trying at here but hopefully you’ll have better luck.

Oh I thought yours was just stories... If I didn't specify links, people would get mad at me for advertising.

I mean, I am definitely happy to advertise, but I would also love to read. It might be instructive to see what gets rejected from which publications

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:45 am
It's occurred to me lately that a "frum fiction" substack could be created, to provide an additional publication outlet for stories. Anyone think this would be worth doing? It would have to be a non-paying market, at least at first.

It would also need supervision of some sort, to make sure it remains within frum parameters.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club